• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

33x10.50r15 BFG all terrain

hoplite666

Anyone else running the BFG at's in a 33x10.50r15 on their cucv?
If you are, your input would be appreciated!!

I love BfGoodrich truck tires. I have run the all terrain and the older mud terrain as well as the new mud terrain km2. Friggin awesome tires.
That being said I may have an issue with the new all terrains I've got on the m1009.

Long story short the center "crown" area of the tread seems to be protruding a good 1/4 to 1/2 an inch above the shoulder tread block area. Almost like they are way over inflated. (but they aren't) I guess I could describe them as looking like inner tubes.

Ive never run this tire in this exact size so it is a little foreign to me. Every other BFG all terrain I've had always was nice, wide, and flat. The entire tread face was that way.
Can someone take a peek at their tires if you've got the same tire model and dimensions and tell me what you see.
I bought these from my shop. I installed them. Ive sold and installed tons of these tires over the years and never seen this before. Ive also never handled this tire in this particular size. Every ounce of my tire knowledge is screaming "defect!" but I hate to admit it. Especially on my own rig with a tire brand I know and love.
thanks

ssdvc

Take some chalk and draw a line across each tire. Run then around a bit and see where your chalk line remains. If it is gone from the center, they are over inflated. Gone from the edges, under inflated. Gone across the entire tire……..good to go.

I run 32" BFG AT's and I keep them at around 40 psi. No wear issues and my mileage is around 18-20 mpg. I have owned four trucks and all of them had or eventually had BFG AT's and I like them. They also wear great.

hoplite666

I had them at 40psi. Brought them down to 34 to see if that would help. Looks more less the same.
They are on the stock rim. Plenty wide.
I called BFG and they didn't have any input other than to have them looked at by an authorized dealer (again...that's me). That's generally how the warranty process works. Have a dealer look at them. Said dealer evaluates tires and reports back to BFG representative and you go from there.
I can warranty them out, no problem, if need be. I hate to do the work again. lol.

Just Yourshadow

If they are KOs I've noticed as my time as a mechanic that they all seem to inflate and wear the middle down first. They are the only all terrain tire I know that does that consistently.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
10.5 on a stock rim seem awful wide for a stock rim, What you describe sure sounds like to much air OR to small a rim, I have run into this with rear tires on pickups, If dropping the air didn't help, a wider rim fixed the problem.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
31x10.50 is the stock size tire that came on those trucks, so width should not be the issue unless someone swapped Hoplite's wheels for skinny ones. He is going slightly taller not wider.

A buddy ran 33x10.50's on his 1009 for years, as his daily driver, with no problems, and I'm running those on one of my M1009's now, replacing 33x12.50's (which also ran just fine on the stock rim with a nice flat tread).

I have found that looks on top do not necessarily indicate what is going on at the bottom of the tire. Try SSDVC's advice and play with your air pressure until it is where you want it. For my truck, that is 35psi on the 33x10.50.

Cheers

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been running 33/12.50-15 BFG's for 40 years on GM 8" rims with no problem, 10.50's should not pose any problems either. I have them at 35lbs for highway driving. I get even wear. On the 1/2 ton pickups I run a couple lbs less in the rear if running empty bed most of the time.

alburms311

Ive had my AT K/O same size on the M1009 for 11 months now and a few thousand miles, and I havent had/seen any issues. I run them at 38psi.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks