• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

34079 find, will it work for Vietnam era?

left_flank

I got a full, unopened can of 34079 forest green. I looked around and I cant figure out if it would be the correct for a usmc m715. I also need to figure out if the paint needs hardener or reducer....... the can has an nsn 8010-00-111-8010. If anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
34079 is the dark green in the MERDC 4-colour camo schemes, and is also used for a lot of equipment items like gun mounts and radio brackets (not all are painted 34079, but a lot are).

It is also used in several aircraft camo schemes, including the SEA scheme from Vietnam era.

It is a very nice shade of green, but is not Marine Green (34052/24052). It is a little too blue in hue.

By the way, in FS numbers the first number, 3, means it is a flat finish. 24079 is the same green in semi-gloss, 14079 is full gloss.

Cheers

left_flank

Thanks, that is really help full.
Im a little bummed now, I was excited to be able to use the real paint. I know someone that may want it so it isn't a total loss.

Would this be ready to spray or does it need a chemical added to be applied?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks