• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

35" Tires On Stock Lift M1009

LeadHead

Anyone ever done this? I'm about to trade some old 31" Super Swamper Thornbirds for a set of my choice of 35" Geolander MT's or 35" Dunlop Mud Rovers. I want to run 35's but I'm low on money and cant buy a lift kit at the moment. I'm wondering how much trimming I would need. If it's just a little bit, then I may put them on now, but if I need to trim 9/10ths of my fender off, I'll just wait until I can buy a 4" lift. My machine is a stock '85 M1009.

ororke1

I just bought some BFG T/A 35x12.5R15's and replaced my stock 31x10.5R15's. No lift kit. Trimmed just a small bit off the bottom of fender with a die grinder and it been working ok.

Attachments

LeadHead

I just bought some BFG T/A 35x12.5R15's and replaced my stock 31x10.5R15's. No lift kit. Trimmed just a small bit off the bottom of fender with a die grinder and it been working ok.
Great! How does it do off-road?
Any big change in MPG?

45FMJoe

You're going to feel the size difference if you don't re-gear the axles. I had an '07 Jeep JK with 35x12.50R17s and stock 3.21s. Even with a 6 speed manual it was a pain.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks