• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

350 Chevy swap out questions

mendo

@Mendo,

Think you could shoot me some pics? I would like to see how you routed everything. Thanks.
I will be at the shop next week, I can get a couple of pics.

it is far from done right now, just the dummy block is in place to fab the mounts before I put in the long block. then the plumbing begins. I only work on it a couple of times a month so it doesn't come along as fast as many of the projects I have seen and marveled at on this site!!

mendo

Also, if anyone knows the size of a radiator (dimensions) that would be helpful. Im going to try to measure it this weekend, but dont know if I am going to get to work on it. Might have to cut wood.

36" wide X 18 1/4" tall is the stock hole. Mine has enough room that it could be up to 6" deep for more passes if that is what it took to keep her cool.

Gamagoat1

36" wide X 18 1/4" tall is the stock hole. Mine has enough room that it could be up to 6" deep for more passes if that is what it took to keep her cool.
The problem your not taking into acount is about 18 U joints. The axel joints will not take much torque.
The 353 is noisy, so, big deal, use ear protection. The value of the Goat , restored, is going up fast. So why screw it up? No one has yet been able to make a small block work in a Goat, mainly heat problems. But when you dig into the true story, they wont take the extra horses and torque.
I've had mine more than 20 years now and after a bunch of miles it still trucks right along. ((((What did you say, can't hear anymore))))
If you want a quiet ,smooth, fast ride buy a Jeep.

Last edited:

scorpion6

fortunate that I just came into 2 of them. But I do need the mounting blocks and donuts, and clutch plate and pressure plate.:jumpin:

Tanner

Maybe an engine option for you to look into is the 4.3 V6 (3/4's of a small-block Chevy) - plenty of power, smaller size.

And a thicker radiator core does not equate to more cooling... once your core gets past 2" thick, you start losing the ability for air to flow freely through the core to carry away heat.

'Tanner'

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks