• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

350 powered M37

Smokinyoda

Looking at buying a 53 M37 this weekend that has been re-powered with a 350 and th350 trans. Also has disc brakes on all 4 corners and power steering. Unfortunately the xfer case and axles are still stock. How will they hold up to the extra power from the 350? What kind of hwy speed could one expect with that combination? Here are a few pics to show it was done tastefully and not is not a hack job.

Attachments

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It depends on what year the motor is . Is it a 2 barrel ? mid to late 70's they were low HP , the axles should handle it if you don't get to crazy driving it . The axles are 5.83:1 ratio so without overdrive your still gear bound to stock speeds.

Smokinyoda

It depends on what year the motor is . Is it a 2 barrel ? mid to late 70's they were low HP , the axles should handle it if you don't get to crazy driving it . The axles are 5.83:1 ratio so without overdrive your still gear bound to stock speeds.
Early 80s motor, probably 2 barrel. Will know more when I go see it and drive it.

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can tell you that the disc brakes and power steering probably cost at least $3 grand just for the conversion kits (depends when they were bought and which conversion kits) I did my M37 with front discs from Helitool and power steering from Snake River. It sure makes it easier to drive!

Smokinyoda

I can tell you that the disc brakes and power steering probably cost at least $3 grand just for the conversion kits (depends when they were bought and which conversion kits) I did my M37 with front discs from Helitool and power steering from Snake River. It sure makes it easier to drive!
Well that makes me feel better about the price! Still wish he had gone diesel instead of gas. Might be easy enough to swap out the 350 for a 6.2...

Bighorn

You want a 400 sbc th350 NP203 combo?
Let me know.
About to scrap a 1976 K5 that has a rusted out body but strong running gear.
10 bolts with spartan locked front, G80 rear and 3.08's.
Daily Driver and registered in WYO.
You can have it for $500.
Fly into billings Montana and i'll pick you up.
You drop me off in Lovell Wy and you drive the bitch home.
Offer stands for anyone on SS.
Legal titled, strong running original 400 small block K5 with a rusted body.
My M1009 is ready for full time and I don't need a back up anymore.
Drive it away.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks