• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

350 swap with 4speed bulldog

Tawman22

Hey guys I have a 1984 m1008 I'm wanting to swap the old 6.2 out with a 350 and a bulldog 4 speed. I know I'll get ragged about taking the 6.2 out but I'm just not a fan of it I've had it two years and it's just got to go so I want to swap it I have everything to do it with all I need to know is can I take the gasser wiring harness and hook it up to the main plug on the firewall or what I dont want to dissect the diesel harness if I dont have too I've read a lot about doing this and all I want to know is about the wiring harness

cucvrus

Not even sure where to send you. Have Fun with that. Good Luck. You are taking a valuable vehicle and basically making it worthless. Snip , Snip, And Zip tie. All Good.

nyoffroad

I did something like what your wanting years ago, IIRC it was easier to change the in cab harness than to try to mate them together. I ended up with power windows and lock too as a bonus. The taillight harness I believe plugged into the civvie on no problem.
What the heck is a "bull dog" tranny? Do you mean a 4speed with granny gear?

TShively

The TM’s on this site have very good wiring schematics. Just installed a LS in a M1028, deleted a tremendous amount of wiring, was pretty straightforward with the schematics.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks