• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

35mpg top speed

Brentzilla

My dad was driving the new bobbed deuce from the dealer down to me and aparently its not going over 35...any ideas? Maybe a switch or something that could be causing it? Ill post more info when I find it out.

Thanks
Brent

Last edited:

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shifter is the big lever with the knob on it. The other shift is down low, between the seats, usually the same color as the floor. Just looks like a metal bar

Last edited:

TexAndy

Bend down a little bit and reach for the floor with your right hand. You can't miss it.

All the way down is low. Pull up to the middle stop and it's in neutral. Pull up again to the next stop and it'll be in high. It should be just about touching the passenger bench seat when it's in high.

FrankUSMC

I hate to ask this...... but did your Dad have the light switch in the correct postion to have brake lights?
If you answer, I don't know...PLEASE do not drive the truck till you read the manual, I will let you borrow one of mine.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

Brentzilla

Well he tested it out in 2x2 this time and it works fine!

I hate to ask this...... but did your Dad have the light switch in the correct postion to have brake lights?
If you answer, I don't know...PLEASE do not drive the truck till you read the manual, I will let you borrow one of mine.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET
Lights were on, but unfortunatly the brake lights arent working parking only (after market Silverado bed and taillights are being used right from the previous owner), . My mom was following close for that reason and Ive already talked to Pete from John Winslow Sales about getting them fixed before it is driven anymore. Thanks for the offer though :D

The bad thing is it came from a pre-owned dealer, he is going to pay Pete to fix them, just doesn't have the materials to learn the wiring harness and really just wanted to be done working on it for me lol. I guess the good thing is Ive learned where the transfer case is!

Ill post some more pictures of it soon and I'll get plenty of seat while parked time also to make sure Im 100% before I start putting around.

Thanks again guys.

TexAndy

could just be the brake light switch.

There's two different kinds. One that hooks up to the air pack and the other that hooks up to the master cylinder. His truck will have one or the other.

If that's all it is, it's a pretty simple fix.

Brentzilla

could just be the brake light switch.

There's two different kinds. One that hooks up to the air pack and the other that hooks up to the master cylinder. His truck will have one or the other.

If that's all it is, it's a pretty simple fix.
Yep thats exactly what Pete (the guy who will fix it) said. Ill be able to do some minor stuff later, I just cant really work on stuff at my apartment and I need that fixed ASAP.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Please do Sir...that truck...even bobbed aint a pickup and can do some serious damage to POVs on the road.:sad:

I am fortunate in that we have an industrial park where we can drive around without worrying about crunchies (POVs) but when we hit the road...it's with qualified operators and tip top shape equipment.:driver:

OH...and as said above...we've all done it...

Last edited:

dc3coyote

You bought a duece with a Chevy bed on the back???
That does not sound like somthing that you would plan on. Well you should post some pics now.
and Welcome to the world of MV ownership, its a very different beast than any other vehicle hobby.

Brentzilla

You bought a duece with a Chevy bed on the back???
That does not sound like somthing that you would plan on. Well you should post some pics now.
and Welcome to the world of MV ownership, its a very different beast than any other vehicle hobby.
Yep, but the bed is coming off for a 101 or 105 bed as soon as I can.

I see your over at Victory, I was a JSS Doura with our HQ units out of FOB Falcon down in the Al-Rashid district of Baghdad April 09-January 10. [thumbzup]

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks