• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

363rd Transportaion Canned Heat Gun Truck

ygothim

Hey There I am the Brother of Michael Blanche who was a gunner on the truck Canned Heat Mike just passed away in Maui on 8-28-2012 I was wondering if anybody out her served with my brother or have any pictures of him during his service time I would love to see a few of them Thanks Richard Blanche418867_464484616918347_958783685_n.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I was going to recommend you ask around on the Vietnam Guntruck Site but I see you have already found it.

I wish you the best of luck with your search.

ygothim

Driver523, That last picture could be him on the back end he loved the third seat I saw on another websitehttp://grambo.us/atav/barnes/danangsupport2.htm that his name was listed along with the other crew members I would sure like to get a good picture of him in that truck It would make my day

ygothim

Thank-you Driver523 That last picture was his Gun Truck with Heaven can wait on the back I would sure like to hear from some of his fellow crew members he did mention to me Randall Fuchs,John Metcalf.Ken Bradshaw he forgot who the NOIC name was name Richard Blanche

Rich 442

I was driver and NCOIC on Canned Heat but it is not the same truck. There was two of them. I was in the 442, we ran out of Cam Rahn.
I am not sure wich one was first but I did not even know of the other one untill a few years ago.
In James new book Hard Ride3 Have Guns will Travel he has pics of both of them.

ygothim

Rich, Glad to have connected with you I willbe posting pictures tonight and also the exect dates and location where my brother was on this site and also on Gun Truckerhe alwas told me he had no Armour protecting him because he called it the third seat but when he went to drive Semi's they put armour up around the third seat so I have a picture of that too. Rich Blanche

ygothim

Here are some pictures I found my brother was in Viet Nam April 1970 to July 1971 from the notes on the back of the photos he has written Ambush Valley Hai Van Pass would anybody recognize these gentleman that he has pictures of

nosrednacb

Here are a couple shots before and after the added plates to the rear. The first photo was evidently taken from the Mercenary. I never knew it exsisted until I found it posted this spring. So there I was. Lt Andy I was there in 71
Canned-Heat.jpg363rd-Gun-Truck-Canned-Heat2.jpg

ygothim

Nosrednacb, Hey Thanks for the reply Did you know my Brother or any of the other GI on Canned heat http://grambo.us/atav/barnes/danangsupport2.htm If you go to this link it lists the name of all the GI and the Gun Truck in Viet Nam I started looking into this for him back a few years before he passed but he told me to forget cause I was not getting to far now I think I owe it to myself to dig deeper and find some of his war friends. I also know that he came home with a red flag and the Peace Symbol stitched on in white he hung on his wall in his bedroom Rich

Colgunr

Hey nosrednacb, I was in the 363rd trans co in 1970 and 71 and I was a gunner on The Colonel and for a short time on the Mercenary. Those look like my pictures! Anyway, I can't remember the names of all the guys on Caned Heat except for Ken Bradshaw and Jack Lane.
What is your brothers name? If I find any details in my stash I will post back to you. You can reach me on Facebook if you like.

John Traylor

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks