• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

37” MT And MTR Tire Take-Offs Review

2INSANE

MT REVIEW:

So I have ran the 37/12.5/R16.5 MT tires for about 10 years. I have tested them in all types of terrain and would like to share my experience with them. 3 of 5 star rating.

1. Longevity. They last a very long time as they are a hard rubber compound. I do not recommend airing these tires down much because the sidewalks are very weak.

2. Cost. They are super cheap! You can score these at $50 a tire now. The reason why is because of their age and chance of dry rot and flat spots. One might get lucky and get a good set.

3. Rim width. Choice of rim width is critical with these tires. In my experience, a stock Oem steel rim or a double beadlock rim is recommended because they can easily blow off the bead at lower tire pressure. See picture.

4. Traction. When adding micro sipes, the traction on these MT’s increases immensely! Without the sipes, they are not good on the ice or snow.

MTR REVIEW:

I have ran these MTR’s for 2 years now. I have tested them in all types of terrain and think they are amazing! 4 of 5 star rating!

1. Longevity. They are a little more softer rubber compound and seem to wear down a little faster then the MT’s. So far I have not had any issues with sidewalls blowing out because of the sidewall protection technology.

2. Cost. Right now I can score the MTR’s at $100 each non auction. So they are still relatively cheap.

3. Rim width. At 15psi, a 10” wide rim still seems too wide for the MTR. They do hold onto the bead a lot better than the MT’s. I recommend a stock width steel rim or double beadlock rim. See pictures.

4. Traction. The traction is amazing on all types of terrain except snow and ice. Micro sipes is recommended with lower tire pressure if running them in the winter. They seem to work best at 20 psi in adverse terrain.

OVERALL:

The perks of running a 16.5 rim is the cheap cost of getting a 37” tire!

When compairing the MT and MTR tires, I think the MTR is far more superior than the MT’s. I highly recommend the MTR’s!

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks