• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

37" Hummer Tires & Wheels on M1008

lolercaust

Recovry4x4 is right if you look at the stock set up and and note the space between the axle/springs and there bump stops there is maybe five inchs at most. I like how you did your fenders sharecroper they do look factory and i love the tucking job on the front. Go look at alfaheaven's web site, they just sold a sexy 1028 with 37s on it and it looks like there is no trimming or lift. I sent them an email to see if they could tell me what they did but they havnt responded. I might start a build thread and do a step by step on how to do it and different opptions that can be done.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used Rough Country HD 4" lift springs along with ORD's Zero Rates to achieve 5" of lift. I also positioned the Zero Rates to move the front axle forward 1".

Attachments

lolercaust

There is one thing that gets me, if you look at the truck on there site it has the old style radial 37x12.50s but on stock cucv wheels.....wait what? 16.5 tires on 16 wheels you have my attention. Iv never seen 37x12.50x16 Wrangler MT's just 16.5 and iv seen alot of tires they probly found 16.5 wheels some were. Did you ever get any thing back ill cheak my email today. Sharecropper how do you like the "add-a-leaf" zeros i was thinking MAYBE a small lift just to midagate the trimming. I allso see you a fan of ODR parts hows the high steer and cross over combo i want one on my truck if it will fit, I dont want any more then a inch or two inchs of lift. Theres no were to really off road around here and the few spots there are you cant fit trial whales.

chesapeake

No I haven't heard anything back. I figured they probably used stock 16.5 GM wheels. I just checked again and nothing. Let me know if you hear anything on your end. I am just trying to find 9.00 x 16 tires for less than $300 a piece

lolercaust

Just a quick word about the spacers. If you did'nt know lug bolts or studs have a torque yeld for aluminum wheels. Meaning the studs "stretch" to maintain a positive pressure against aluminum wheels. Cucv's and any other car/trucks that came with steel wheels dont have yeld studs there studs are hardened for zero stretch. The steel wheel itself compreses just a bit to allow the lug nuts to hold at torque by the "spring" pressure of the wheels. If you have a truck that came with aluminum wheels you can use steel wheels instead becuse the stud yeld will hold it at torque, but if your truck came with steel wheels and you put aluminum wheels (or spacers) then there is no yeld from the wheels or studs. You can do it but your way more likly to have cronic lose lug nuts or even fatige the aluminum to the piont it gives. Iv seen cars with rims put on even though it came with steels and hub caps and no mater how much you tried to torque to spec the aluminum just ozed out from around the nuts. Becuse the studs were for steel wheels and refused to stretch. Though i will say the spacers look like a good big chunk of metal id sleep alot better at night with a large washer and lock washer to help hold the spacer to the truck. The best thing to do is to recenter the wheels, its cheap insurence when you think about the spacer coming loose and your tire thrashs around, riping its self off sending you rolling over and over on the high way. Then smashing in to a barrier throwing you off an over pass then landing on the tracks of an on coming trian.......thats a worst case scenario but i think you see the point. Like i said you can do it but its illadvised or you could swap out to yeld studs and its good.

Baer

Why do you say a "lifted truck [is] more trouble than [it's] with"? I was planning to lift my M1008 5" to 6" and slide the 37"ers under it but I have never done this before. What problems will I be creating?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks