• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

37" Radial Humvee tires

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How about some of WM's possum stew and a match?:idea:

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have had some success with pushing the tire down so one bead sticks, then flip the assy over with the rim on something so the weight of the tire sagging helps get the other bead to where it needs to go.

ronbo-3

Old mechanic's trick to figure out best tire pressure for your particular vehicle load:

Take a big piece of sidewalk chalk and make a nice wide stripe over a section of tread from sidewall to sidewall. Drive vehicle a few feet forward on smooth pavement, try to make two complete revolutions of the tire. See where the chalk rubbed off. If it all (or almost all) rubbed off, you are at optimum pressure.

If outer edges are rubbed off, add more air, if the center is rubbed off, take out some air.

Repeat until you find a good pressure. Add some extra air to the rear if you frequently change the rear load by hauling stuff to prevent overloading the tire.

Later,
Joe
I've never heard of this old trick...Thanks for sharing as these old knowledgable tricks help save people time and money!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks