• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

395/85r20 duals???

Please, by all means feel free to tell me it cannot be done... I have never seen it, but saw someone say that running 6 395's is possible...
I have been looking around at tons of different tire sizes and comparing 395's to 14.5r20's. Yes, the 14.5's are smaller dia. than the 395's and can be run as duals. The 395's are only 1" wider... can you run 395's as duals on the rear??? Or do they have to be run as singles?

Any and all info would be much appreciated! Also, any measurements of 5 ton 10-lug rims would be awesome! (lengths between studs/bolt pattern, inner diameter for hub fitting, etc...) I just picked up an IH S1824 and wondering if wheels are interchangeable...

Thank in advance guys!

zxmedic

The M123 runs duals but there 1400 24R . would likely be to wide for legal road use.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The M123 runs duals but there 1400 24R . would likely be to wide for legal road use.
The M123 as well as the bridge truck 5 tons run dualed out "singles". I've not seen a M123 in person, but I know the 5 ton bridge trucks use spacers to get things to fit. And they're all overwidth.

Csm Davis

It should also be mentioned that the bridge truck setup was never designed to work with the CTIS, and it is unlikely that it could be adapted to do so.
Why would the CTIS interfere? And I know that they make a dually setup for CTIS. Also why would it matter, most unhook the CTIS and that would only be on the A2s.

Tornadogt

I was thinking about this set up. Do you have to run 4 Bridge truck wheels on each rear axle or has anyone tried to run the bridge truck wheels on the inner wheels only? Leaving the outer set as the standard m939A1 and A2 5-ton wheels. This would only slightly increase the total width of the truck.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I would think that the bridge truck wheels only have enough clearance between them if ran together and I think there is a spacer that goes on the hub before the wheels.
That's correct. Spacers on the rears and front axle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks