• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

395/85R20 Goodyears on a 5 ton

ccequipment

The load range is not as high on the 395 MV/T, I think its in the 9,000lb range, but this proably would not make much of a differnce to most people. BTW I have 40 new MV/T's and about 35 with 90% or better rubber

Hammer

Well, I know for my 16's, the tire has a higher limit then the rim itself does.
Just something else to keep in mind. The Hemtt rim has a lower PSI rating and load rating compared to the tires. And that is the weakest link, so all the higher ratings are a moot point beyond what the rim can support.
Don't remember the numbers off the top of head exactly, but I think my 16r20s are rated for 14,540 lbs each. And I think the Hemtt rims are rated around 13,xxx lbs each.
Don't know the ratings for the other rims/tires though.

Welder Sam

What air pressures are you guys running with the 395s on the 923s?
Mvt sidewall says 95psi but thats rediculous for our uses. Drop the pressure equally in them and run it around town. See what you think. Drop it more or add to suit. I run 40-45 in mine but theyre on a deuce. If you load it up, THEN go 95 but it justs beats you silly unloaded.

Bighurt

The USAF tire and rim TO allows MP to increase capacity on a tire by increasing the PSI. However for each increase in PSI you decrease the top speed.

This is why the dragon (MB-2 Class 2) B-600 which weighs over 50K has a max speed of 15 mph.

The B-1200 weighs in close to 100k lbs with an optional ballast that takes it to 120k. All of these are on 4 wheels. Load Range N

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Quick question, do you have to change studs in the rear or can you just bolt these wheels/tires right onto your truck? I have an M813 with 11.00x20 duals at the moment. Thanks!
Need to acquire 20 lug nuts per side that are the same as the front axle to install combat wheels. Thimbles are not recommended for running singles.

You can install the thimbles on the studs and torque them down then install the wheel and use the outer nuts to secure it

BRIANBORMES

Need to acquire 20 lug nuts per side that are the same as the front axle to install combat wheels. Thimbles are not recommended for running singles.

You can install the thimbles on the studs and torque them down then install the wheel and use the outer nuts to secure it
Thanks for the quick reply, one more newb question, The combat wheels have a tapered seat on one side, do I need to machine a tapered seat in the other side for the wheels that will be on the rear, or are these hub centric? I am looking at putting on LMTV wheels. Thanks!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thanks for the quick reply, one more newb question, The combat wheels have a tapered seat on one side, do I need to machine a tapered seat in the other side for the wheels that will be on the rear, or are these hub centric? I am looking at putting on LMTV wheels. Thanks!
Some LMTV wheels are tapered on both sides. You can taper the wheels if you know what you are doing

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks