• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

395 in-bed spare tire carrier

wehring

I built a spare tire carrier for one of the bobbers. My wheels make it easy to change tires so I only carry a spare tire instead of a tire/wheel combo. This is setup keeps the rain and crud out. I think the in-bed set up gives it an old school look.

What say ye?

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Attachments

wehring

thanks

Thanks for the kind comments folks. If anyone is intesested, I had the discs water jetted to 23" and the stainless allthread is the same thread as the lug nuts. The retaining nut is an extra lug nut.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

wehring

Yup, need to move it over...

I changed the bed on this truck to a better one. I had not yet moved it over when I took these pics. Here is a pic of the same type of crane in other bed.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Attachments

wehring

Super hitch Magnum

I had Torklift make a run of the SHM hitches for the deuce from a frame section I sent them to model after. Look at the thread "finally a 20K hitch for the deuce" to see more pics. The SHM is an excellent hitch.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

srodocker

im doing something similar with mine. im doing the stock rims tho and still have 6x6. i plan on getting the crane end of this month and tires next month.

colelkhunter

Is that a harbour freight bed crane? I have looked at it several times and debated on buying that one or building my own with a 3k lbs electric winch. Also I am planning a tire carrier rear bumper as my next project. Think huge Jeep swing out tire carrier. I want all the space usable in my bed, but still carry a fullsize spare and wheel. Havn't got it designed yet, but it's coming.

dieck

I built a spare tire carrier for one of the bobbers. My wheels make it easy to change tires so I only carry a spare tire instead of a tire/wheel combo. This is setup keeps the rain and crud out. I think the in-bed set up gives it an old school look.

What say ye?

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112
Looks sharp!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks