• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

395 Speedo Adapter

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I planned to order a new speedometer adapter for my deuce today to accomodate my 395's. I called Boyce and they now want $112 for that puppy. When I checked last it was approximately $65. Anyone know of a source to get one that is cheeper than Boyce?

eagle4g63

Just an idea, did the 5 ton multi have the same trans as a deuce? If so were the tires as big as the 395's........just a thought would that part from a 5 ton do the same thing? I have been thinking about it but didn't do any research yet so I can fix the same thing on my deuce(I have the 395's also)

HanksDeuce

What exactly makes up the adapter? Any pictures? If it is a set of small gears, could someone duplicate them for cheaper? Maybe a group buy could be arranged.

bigugh20

Just an idea, did the 5 ton multi have the same trans as a deuce? If so were the tires as big as the 395's........just a thought would that part from a 5 ton do the same thing? I have been thinking about it but didn't do any research yet so I can fix the same thing on my deuce(I have the 395's also)

The 5 ton multi had 11x20 tires instead of the deuce's 9x20, and the 5 ton adapter will work for 11x20 tires on a 2.5 ton. The 395's are quite a bit bigger than the 11x 20 though. 46 inches I believe compared to the 42 for the 11x20.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 5 ton multi had 11x20 tires instead of the deuce's 9x20, and the 5 ton adapter will work for 11x20 tires on a 2.5 ton. The 395's are quite a bit bigger than the 11x 20 though. 46 inches I believe compared to the 42 for the 11x20.
Don't forget that axle ratio is different also (6.72:1 vs 6.44:1), so the early 5ton adapter would compensate for most of the offset coming from running 46" tires on a Deuce instead of 43inch rubber.

G.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks