• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

395 tires SE Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Isn't this classified as a "Want Ad" and is not to be listed in the Forums?

It states clearly at the top of every page to use the Classifieds (only if you have 100 posts).

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And vendors are not allowed to post prices in the forums.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Vendor Participation: Vendors of military vehicles, parts and other paraphernalia are welcome to participate in the SteelSoldiers.Com forums, but direct solicitation is not allowed. Vendors should be aware of and must follow the following policies:
• There shall be no fighting between vendors in the forums. Vendors should not make derogatory remarks about a competitor’s product. Keep it civil!
• Vendors are not allowed to post pricing information in forum posts. That is considered solicitation.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Post removed, sorry, I had seen pricing in the past and didn't realize it was against the rules.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmm... I think it would be more of a question of "What local vendors are available/recommended" than a "Want ad"

When he states he is "looking" for some thing that is a Want Ad.

If he changed it to "Are there any local vendors in my area" that would be totally different.

Now if he was talking about his truck, and says "by the way I need some tires, anyone have some", that IS allowed under the rules of the Website.

From the Forum Rules:

• Do not post items For Sale or items Wanted in the forums. That is what the Classified Ads section is for. To encourage forum participation, and discourage people from joining just to post a free ad, a minimum of 100 posts will be required before a user can place an ad. The link may be found at the top of the site in the menu bar. Moderators may delete your For Sale or Wanted postings without notice. It is OK to post an item for sale if it is done in an effort to help another member or if the need for a part comes up during the course of a restoration or repair thread. EXAMPLE 1: Member A posts that their Deuce is broken down and they believe it is due to a faulty in-tank pump. Member B may post that he has a used transfer pump for sale for $XX and to PM if interested. Example 2: Member A has an ongoing thread describing his M817 dump truck restoration. He mentions in that thread that one of his hydraulic lines is leaking and he would like to know who has the best price on them. "Swap Meet" style threads are allowed for parts swapping at a specific Rally/Event. Only one thread allowed per event.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well in any case, I sent you a PM. Feel free to look at our website or send me a zip and I can get you a quote.

Bolkbich

some of you people are ridiculous....a guy cant ask where to get tires until he has 100 posts...your supposed to help other guys with an interest in mv's not drown them with your BULL$@!% rules

Heath_h49008

But, I can understand the concerns of the site owners not wanting every forum looking like "MV Trader Online"...

I see both sides, but I think it was an honest and innocent question.

Maybe I'm too laid back.

We could fix it easily with a "parts wanted" sub forum the small vendors could scan on a daily basis that didn't require a 100 post minimum. Of course that would reduce the need for vendors to pay the site owners, and the expense of running this has to come from somewhere. Maybe a contribution requirement... (just spit balling)

This place provides a service, and I can understand they need to earn money to pay the bills like the rest of us.

Bolkbich

we enjoy mv's every thing about them.. its EXTREMELY aggravating when we cant share things with our newly aquired mv friends...example .. i had a sweet m172 that somebody here could have really enjoyed.. BUT some stupid 100 post rule cheated somebody out of a trailer. every american i know is totally sick of having ridiculous rules shoved down their throats.. yes this is somebodys house and i respect that BUT if you invite people over you dont let your overbearing friend annoy them till they dont want come back anymore

Darwin T

"I Love America" but as usual one person screws it up for everyone. 2cents i was not involved in it, but, several months back one guy was causing trouble and was removed from the site and i think he tried to rejoin and one of the things he was doing was posting adds. to keep him from just coming right back and causing more trouble they set a limit that would take him to much time. now you have to wait because of him. :( this is a great bunch of guys and there is a lot of information and help here. if all you need to do is sell a truck there is Ebay, but if you want to get it a good home hang around and meet the inmates in the nut house. :beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks