• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

395s, that sucks

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
While working on swapping out my air compressor's gasket last weekend, I noticed one of my 395s was split open. It just happens to be on the passenger front too. Now I'll have to shuffle them around till I get a new one on.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I already have tubes in it. I cruise at 62.5@2500 rpms - usually no faster. With everyone running them on stock rims, I doubt that is a factor, but it makes you wonder! I have been thinking of getting a production set(gears), but will keep an eye on the auction.

Blythewoodjoe

You wouldn't happen to know how proud they are of their 11.00x20 NDTs off the top of you head, would you O connoisseur of possums?
I bought 5 395's there a few weeks ago and they didn't have much to chose from. They are hoping when the troops in the area come back from deployment they will start to have some again.

$50 a tire for pretty much anything. I did see some 11.00 xl's but I don't think they get a lot of NDT's in. You really have to look everything over real good. Lots of nice looking tires there but then you notice why they where scrapped (cut in side wall, bald spot on the tread, etc.) Give them a call, they are pretty good to deal with on the phone.

Albin

Too bad you don't live near north Alabama, I know a truck tire shop that could fix that. He's done several of our rock crawler tires that get gashed on the sidewall. He specializes in OTR truck tires, so that tire would probably fit his equipment.

Good luck.

Al

TaylorTradingCo

Gimpy,

Personally I wouldn't worry about that little slit at all. Like you said, you have tubes in it. Also, the tread on those things is very thick. I had some mounted for a bobbed truck recently and I was talking to the guy about having a spare. He started laughing and said it didn't matter if these things had air in them or not hardly, they were so tough.

If it bothered me, I would do like you said and just move it to the rear.

Derek Taylor

ccequipment

Time to try the new XZl's, :p
you should be fine with tubes, I would move it to the back, you don't want a blow out on a 13,500lb truck on the front steering axle

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks