3D Printed Door Wire Guides

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The wiring harness that goes into my doors, for the clearance marker light, had these little curved plastic tubes on them. Well, one door did, the other was gone. And then the other one got broken... uh oh. So I decided to try 3D printing a replacement. The originals are put on the wires before the connectors are put on, so you can't get them off (without Dremelling up the seam to split it off). These new ones are made in two parts, and can be put on without taking off the connectors.

Listed in the -24P manual as: PAOZZ 19207 12420515 .SEAL,NONMETALLIC,SP

This is just the first version, but I'll make some changes and print another.

20200709_113836.jpg
20200709_181621.jpg

Last edited:

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look pretty nifty. Great use of a printer. I am slowly making more plans to use mine around the house and Humvee. (I should, it cost enough!)
Bulldogger

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look pretty nifty. Great use of a printer. I am slowly making more plans to use mine around the house and Humvee. (I should, it cost enough!)
Bulldogger
If this is the first one of my posts you've seen, I make a ton of 3D printed stuff for FMTVs... door handles, tachometer pods, inclinometer mounts, seal drivers, hub setup tools, etc.

The Army announced several months ago that they will be making a big effort to get 3D printing out to units. Some of it is overhyped (and just as the civilian world 3D printing hype is finally dying down and becoming more realistic, now the Army has "3D print everything" fever). https://www.armytimes.com/news/your...dvanced-manufacturing-to-troops-in-the-field/

However, if we look at how these trucks arrive to us after soldiers have abused them, there are a lot of opportunities. They come with missing/broken door handles, heater knobs, switch housings, wire clamps, little plastic bushings on the door lock operating rods, etc. While 3D printing isn't going to make them a piston (like the hype suggests), there are a 1000 everyday soldier problems that can be solved with even a cheap $1000 printer.

ramdough

I will need some..... I think mine are just using wire loom.

Do you have a catalog of things you make? I bet you make parts I need that I don’t know you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have a catalog of things you make? I bet you make parts I need that I don’t know you have.
I don't. I've been working on putting together a little online store, but that takes time too and time is the thing in shortest supply. I still have to finish up the design for the cab bushing master patterns, but I wanted to get these wire guards done quick before the wires got damaged.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If this is the first one of my posts you've seen, I make a ton of 3D printed stuff for FMTVs... door handles, tachometer pods, inclinometer mounts, seal drivers, hub setup tools, etc.

The Army announced several months ago that they will be making a big effort to get 3D printing out to units. Some of it is overhyped (and just as the civilian world 3D printing hype is finally dying down and becoming more realistic, now the Army has "3D print everything" fever). https://www.armytimes.com/news/your...dvanced-manufacturing-to-troops-in-the-field/

However, if we look at how these trucks arrive to us after soldiers have abused them, there are a lot of opportunities. They come with missing/broken door handles, heater knobs, switch housings, wire clamps, little plastic bushings on the door lock operating rods, etc. While 3D printing isn't going to make them a piston (like the hype suggests), there are a 1000 everyday soldier problems that can be solved with even a cheap $1000 printer.
Not my first time noticing you. We've posted back and forth before and I respect your work.
I've printed a couple of things, and am still hoping I can come up with something to market for HMMWVs or other MV that will help me offset the cost of my commercial machine. Not that I have to, I just feel like it should be running every day, since they rate it at 100% duty cycle.

I've followed posts from the Navy and Marines on adding 3D printing to their stock system, particularly Mechanicsburg has made significant investments in it. The tech is wonderful to scan old obsolete parts and be able to keep ships, planes and vehicles supplied with spares where previously they might have to cannibalize or decommission early.

BDGR

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks