• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3L80 Engine RPM

jwaller

my tach shows about 3300. I feel comfortable doing 60(3500) with mine but I have the bias tires. I suspect with your radials you can do 62-65.

I'll soon have my radials so I can give you another reading.

gizip

I have a tach in my Humvee. With radial tires, it is running about 3000 at 60mph. I installed a 700R overdrive and the rpm drops to 2200 at 60mph in overdrive. Wayne Walker

usmc81301

Thanks for all the info. Is the 700r4 a better deal than a 4l80e? I don't mean in terms of labor, but is it basically an equivilant?. I spent the money to put a 6.5LTD in and I want to treat it nice. Second I would be interested in getting a tach, thanks for the heads up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks