• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3rd Semi-Annual TX MV Rally

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bump for head count: Updated 1/16/2011

nofearnohope - M35A2
Barrman- M715 (M35A2)
Pistolnut- M715 or M35A2
USAFSSColdwarrior- M35A2
historyfanatics- M35A2
CyrusX4- nothing
badga the badger- M109A3
Maverick1701- M35A2
fuzzytoaster- M35A2
boxcar- M35A2
runk- M35A2
LibTimothy- Pinzgauer

Last edited:

LibTimothy

I am confused (as usual) when did this thread get moved to the up coming events area rather than the TX Rally area?????
:lost:

OK. Never mind. Forget the question. Down to business. I plan to come and I am bringing the world famous Pinzgauer with me. :driver:

So, I'll want a shirt, a primo camping site that is at least 30 feet by 30 feet, artistic control over the script, 99 green M&M's in a silver bowl, water imported from Iceland and served at exactly 52.75 degrees,.... ???? :-o What? I don't get to make rock star demands??? Since when??? :cookoo:

OK. I'll be there. What is the weekend cost (including shirt) so I can bring enough cash.

Timothy

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay I'm going to try and make it and TRY to bring the MKT. I still need to get a Travel Wrap in order for it to be road worthy so that's a BIG "IF." Also going to need to wrangle a co-driver so when my limbs give out I can still get home.

M35A2
Mobile Kitchen Trailer

two.fiveM35

I am sure this is in the thread somewhere, but can u refresh me on what time you plan on being at the museum? Pencil me in, the wife (soon to be ex) wants a divorse so i will not be going on the family cruise as planned. I still want a XXL and L t-shirt, and i vote no on including the museum on the shirts. Just steel soldiers.

badga the badger

question. whos diving from the bell county area? i already know about timothy wanting to convoy down with me. anyone else?

Eric, sorry to hear about the divorce. Im sure i speak for all of us when i say we all are sorry.

nofearnohope

Eric, I'm sorry to hear about the upcoming divorce. I just went through it with my first wife and my 6 yr old daughter got drug through it. It is no fun for anyone involved.

We are planning on leaving the off road ranch between 8 and 8:30 to arrive at the museum between 8:30 and 9. The museum will have an area set aside for us, as we will be there Vietnam-era display.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Eric, I'm sorry to hear about the upcoming divorce. I just went through it with my first wife and my 6 yr old daughter got drug through it. It is no fun for anyone involved.

We are planning on leaving the off road ranch between 8 and 8:30 to arrive at the museum between 8:30 and 9. The museum will have an area set aside for us, as we will be there Vietnam-era display.
I'm waiting on underwriting for insurance for now, but if you're free I want to stop by when it comes back. Shoot the breeze a bit and make some comparisons about the trucks (their pack animals) and I still havent picked up my shirt either.

nofearnohope

Charles and ft, I have ya'lls shirts sitting at the house whenever ya'll are ready.
Charles, are you and your dad going to camp out with us before/after the museum or come up and leave with the 6th Cav?
FT, gimme a call to make sure I'm home, then come on by anytime.

txdodge43man

Im not sure what my dad is doing. I am not sure on my plans are yet. That weekend is my drill weekend with my guard unit Im thinking of camping with yall friday night go to drill saturday morning and camping with yall saturday night but all that might change so i will no more as we get closer to the date

nofearnohope

I got a quote to have a 3x6 banner made to put up at the museum open house. It is $145. This is something I plan on us using for any and all upcoming events. I am going to add this amount to the standard $400 for the off road ranch rental. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like it. I believe in just "2nd Battalion East Texas Regiment" as we have a West Texas group already. KISS method. 2cents :beer:
The West Texas Detachment of the SS was "created" simply to establish a roster of those of us who share the common ground that roughly covers 40% of the geographic area of the Great State Of TEXAS.

We are actually VERY few in number with MANY miles of separation between most of our various "Detachees". It is not uncommon for some to be as much as 75 miles from the nearest other west Texas Member(s).

badga the badger

i like the idea of units, but not all of us are in east texas. we should have the entire state is a battlion and have companys for the 5 main regions of texas: north, east, south, west, and central

Last edited: