• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4 color MERDC

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I got my truck, it was extremely faded. It was/is a 4 color MERDC pattern. The lines between the colors were distinguishable, but the colors weren't. Did a bit of searching thru the web, and came up with Earth Yellow, Brown, Sand and Black. I re painted it these colors. After looking at it carefully for the past, I dunno, 3 years, i have realised that the axles are a different color...faded, but different than what I have on the truck. Can anyone tell me it the colors I put on my junk are correct for the 4 color, mid - late 90's MERDC? Should I have put, Brown, Black, Tan and Earth Yellow? or?
I am color blind, so any help is appreciated.

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Will, the 4 color camo went out in the 80s. That is the reason that most 4 color camo trucks look rough...they were painted over 20 years ago and have been touched up many, many times. I will say that I've seen some clean 4 color camo paint jobs so it could be that an individual unit may still be painting their stuff in 4 color camo. I have noticed that a lot of fairly fresh looking trucks with 4 color camo come out of MN for some reason.

The actual camo pattern for the 4 color MERDC scheme can be found in David Doyle's book.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Bruce, Which book would that be? I' go out and get it as soon as I find out which one. Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks