• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4 Cylinder Cat Deuce?

ATPTac

So after getting our deuce, I called up an old co-worker of mine who used to be a military mechanic to talk to him about the truck and potential help working on it. He was in around 1995 and said that the deuce's he worked on had 4 cylinder Cat engines with a 4 speed manual trans. Maybe I haven't dug deep enough with my searching, but I have never heard of or seen that configuration on deuce's. At first I thought maybe he was referring to A3's (I know very little about them other than they're 6 cylinder Cat engines and have auto trannys) but when he said 4 speed manual trans it threw me for a loop. Is it possible he's mistaken on the engine, or am I missing something? :cookoo:

ATPTac

That was my thought too, but he was very specific that it was a 4 speed manual transmission. I can see forgetting engine specifics, but manual vs. automatic trans? I can't see forgetting that difference. I don't know, I'll talk to him again and see if I misheard him or something. So basically something was lost in translation or he was mistaken and there is no configuration that I'm missing?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Thats ok, I can't tell you how many people argue with me that my deuce is a 5ton. Just nod and smile...

61sleepercab

My neighbor slid in a Cat 4 cylinder diesel with a Chevy flywheel and clutch with a home made adapt o plate to a 4 speed in a Chevy 1 ton and ran the wheels off of it for a long time. Not a Deuce but if there is a will there is a way. Mark