• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4 Hour Oil Change

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sharecropper,

Are you thinking about the "Oil REFINER" filter by Frantz?

Also known as Toilet Paper Oil Filters

See: http://www.toiletpaperoilfilter.com

Regards

Joseph
Thanks but no, the device I remember seeing consisted of a metal box which mounted remotely, like on the side of a frame rail, and contained special filtration elements which could be replaced at certain intevals. The box had a sight glass to monitor the "color" of the oil. It removed all of the carbon and other contaminants from the engine oil and kept it looking brand new. It probably got bought off the market by the oil filter companies.

Bighorn

Lube refiner.

There are some nos fuel processors on ebay too.
Basically a stratified filter element.

There are also ways the add bypass filtration.
It is a much finer filter, down to a micron, that takes oil from the clean side of your stock filter, filters it further, sends it through a restriction and returns it to the sump.

Last edited:

Jozseph

Thanks but no, the device I remember seeing consisted of a metal box which mounted remotely, like on the side of a frame rail, and contained special filtration elements which could be replaced at certain intevals. The box had a sight glass to monitor the "color" of the oil. It removed all of the carbon and other contaminants from the engine oil and kept it looking brand new. It probably got bought off the market by the oil filter companies.
Sharecropper, a Puradyn Oil Filtration System?

That is the one i know has a sight glass/tube.

Puradyn Oil Filtration System.jpg

Regards
Joseph

CMPPhil

Hi

Back to the original issue of removing stuck spin-on filters, having crushed one or two filters and put holes in a few. Found a trick that seems to work (somethings) take a large screw type hose clamp as close as possible to the base plate, position the screw head so you can get the head of air chisel punch on the head to unscrew. Then dial back the preasure air chisel star vibrating, give it awhile then increase the pressure. May break the first hose clamp but trick seems to work, and you do have keep repositioning the clamp so that punch hitting square to turning direction instead of denting the can.

Cheers Phil

cucvrus

DSCF6331.jpgDSCF6332.jpgDSCF6333.jpgI have found no oil filter that this Snap-On set up could not remove. It has a 1/2' square drive on one end and a 3/8" square drive on the other end. Equal pressure and a death grip. I bought it and use it to change fuel filters on outside fuel pumps. I have used it on a few engine oil filters also. No poking holes and trying to get a pliers up in there anymore. I don't remember the price. That is quickly forgotten when the aggravation is not there anymore. Have a great day. i do remember that it was less then a carton of generic cigarettes.