• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4" Lift for my M1028

WARWAG

Ive been researching diffrent 4" lifts and found this kit from Off Road Designs. Has anyone installed this complete kit on the M1008 / M1028? If so I have some questions for you. ORD Complete 4x4 Lift Systems & Kits - GM Chevy Leaf Springs

1. Do you have any drive shaft vibrations after installing this kit?
2. What are you opinions about this kit?

Thanks for any help.

I will also be running H1 rims with 37" MTR tires on 2" spacers.

midcounty

I haven't lifted a MV yet, but my past experience with other Chevy trucks says 4" won't cause any problems. On a long bed chasis like the M1028, rear drive shaft will be no issue at all. Normally 6" lift is where some trucks will need attention to the front shaft angle, and sometimes length. Past 6" is where you start needing to change angles and extend drive shafts. I had a 1 ton civilian truck, same axles as the 1028, and ran a 10" lift. I had to modify the the front shaft to handle the angle, extend it 2", and lower the transmission cross member. Even then the rear shaft was the stock length and was never an issue, and never had any drive line vibration. A 4" kit is a piece of cake and easy on the truck.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm using ORD's HD 4" with zero-rates up front and shackle-flip with zero-rates in rear. Finished the front today. Everything worked perfect. Not planning to use cross-over steering, so I used OED's drop down pitman and a 2-1/2" steering block. The drag link is perfectly level. I also used ORD's detachable front stabilizer kit, and a new Tom Woods front driveshaft, even though my stock shaft was long enough. My original shaft's CV joint had never been lubricated, and the upper universals had no way to lubricate them.

You can't go wrong with ORD's stuff.

bsalbrig

I have their shackle flip on the rear of my truck along with 4" springs and +1"lift shackles. My stock drivshaft was plenty long for this setup. If you want the truck to flex, you might want to look at different springs in the rear. My stock springs were stiffer than the lift springs I replaced them with.... and do a Ubolt flip while you are in there. All the stuff I used came from ORD except for my shackles and ubolt flip; they came from DIY 4x4. Everything ORD sells is good stuff but DIY has better shackles.

JUNKYARDJOHN

I just ordered a 4" EZ-RIDE set of front springs, front & rear u-bolts, & a 2" dropped pitman arm from ORD for my 86 M1031. About $570 shipped to me in KY. I already have a pair of 3" factory blocks off of a 85 civi 1 ton. I don't have any experiance dealing with them, but it was awful nice not talking to some knucklehead that doesn't know how to spell cucv. Chris (the guy I dealt with over the pho.) seemed very knowledgable & I didn't feel like I was talking with one of my grandkids. I also ordered six 37/12.5/16.5 goodyear wrangler mt s. at $100 each + $146 freight. Shocks & brake lines next.. but need to gather some more sheckels first. rofl John

WARWAG

Ive been back in "Nawlens" or New Orleans for a little over a week now almost two. Hope to get back home to nevada and start cleaning up the truck. Im going to pressure wash the crap out of everything and hit every nut and bolt with KROIL in preperation for the suspension upgrade. I dont think I will have the time to get the 4" kit before I have to head back to where ever they will need me but I will at least get the trucks bolts soaking so when I do get back I can start the swap. Maybe by then the snow will be melted? Who knows. All this "Global Whining" is sure fooling Mother Nature. Thanks for all the replies. I will keep posting pics on the progress.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks