• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4 man divider

ari

So I bought a 4 man divider for my humvee how exactly is it supposed to mount in? I was thinking about fabbing a bracket unless there are readily available brackets which there dont seem to be. and does anyone have some good pics of it installed?

Lawdog734

There was a guy on the auction website selling the right channels. I bought 2 and used an angle grinder to give a similar appearance for the left and right.

I bought mine a few weeks ago and he had plenty left, so you might want to see if he has anymore.

ari

Thanks for the part number. The seller on the auction site has one left and I found a surplus site that has them for 60 each. I will just get a aluminum channel and make em.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought the two rights and a divider, I too would like to know exactly where to mount the brackets. I don't see any bolts in the area, so I assume I have to drill holes?

DatGuyC

Some pictures of where I put mine. I did have to sand down the welds on the divider so it slid inside the stock brackets, maybe that's why they surplussed them.
20150827_112342[1].jpg
20151019_105337.jpg

ari

did you use a mending type plate behind it in the wheel well side for extra rigidity? i like the mats how does it help with noise?

Havok

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's what I did - I kept them as close to the rear seats as possible, while still keeping the divider vertical.
I did the exact same thing. I bought two rights. Yes you have to drill holes and you may also need to grind excess weld off the divider for it to slide in smoothly.

DatGuyC

did you use a mending type plate behind it in the wheel well side for extra rigidity? i like the mats how does it help with noise?
I just used some washers on the outside, there isn't really much force on the brackets. As for the mats I doubt they help much with sound being that they have holes in them. I got them because crawling on the aluminum sucks, and since they have holes water wont collect under them.

daniel.7575

I pressed up a pair of aluminium channels to mount mine in fixed with countersunk bolts.. Used 2 small adhesive rubber pads on the base side to stop it rattling! Also mounted a small storage box on mine found behind passenger seat on a 9 series 5 tonne cargo truck..

image.jpg

911joeblow

I pressed up a pair of aluminium channels to mount mine in fixed with countersunk bolts.. Used 2 small adhesive rubber pads on the base side to stop it rattling! Also mounted a small storage box on mine found behind passenger seat on a 9 series 5 tonne cargo truck..

View attachment 654367
I thought the rear curtain went on the inside of the cargo divider? I am trying to seal mine from cold air and wondering how best to do it?

daniel.7575

Not too sure on that one? My Humvee already had the rear curtain fixings in the floor.. When I installed the divider it didn't look right moving it back past them.. I have a rear cover over now anyhow as the rain would run in the back under the divider! I thought of using adhesive backed foam strip to seal it.. If you don't plan on removing it some sealant would do a good job there.. Maybe a seal is available for this?

ryanruck

I used 5/16 aluminum nutserts on mine and I have my curtain on the outside of the divider. Put some silicone on the backs of the brackets before I screwed them in to help seal stuff up.

If I'm running without the cargo cover, I find the backdraft that typically blows in helps push the curtain against the divider somewhat sealing it. I am going to put some outdoor grade Velcro on the divider and curtain though to be sure.

I also have the floor bracket that goes with the divider installed except instead of riveting/screwing it to to the floor, I riveted it to the divider itself so it comes out with it. I wanted the floor to be able to be completely flat when I take the divider out. I did have to trim it slightly at the corners to better clear the divider brackets. Also found the rope gasket you're supposed to install with the floor bracket to be lacking in its ability to seal so I found some rubber ribbed automotive weather stripping at Home Depot that works nicely.

When I installed the floor bracket, it required removing the footman loops for the curtain so I relocated those to the divider. The only thing I need to tackle now is a method of securing the divider downward into the brackets so it doesn't come up when I really tighten the curtain down (it does hold it fairly tight though). I'm probably going to install straps of some sort, mounted to the brackets that go over the top of the divider and hold it down.

IMG_2440.jpgIMG_2441.jpgIMG_2442.jpgIMG_2443.jpg