• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4" ord lift shock question

Atrange07

So i was installing my lift kit today and i get to the point of installing the rear shocks and i
see 4 bilsstein box's but no indication of which ones are for the front and which are for the
rear. I checked ords website but they dont use the bilstein numbers in thier chart, and of course they are closed since it is sunday. Does anyone know which is for the front and which
is for the rear. The part numbers are; 33-185569 and 33-185545. Any and all help would be much appreciated.

Chaski

IMG_3402.JPGIMG_3410.JPGIMG_3409.JPGThis should get you close...
you can see that I had to cut the inner fenderwell.

I cut mine 6 1/2" long from the centerline of the shock mount hole. If you look at the above photos you see that I could have gone about an inch longer and they still would not have protruded past the bottom of the frame. If I did it again I would probably cut them 7" from centerline.

After the rivets were removed for the stock shock mount I used one of the existing rivet holes, and drilled one more to mount each of them. In both of the mounts I drilled one hole 3" from the shock eye bolt centerline down and about 1 1/8" in from the rearward outside edge. That is the hole that lines up with the
factory rivet hole. Once I got that bolted up I just clocked it so that the shock wouldn't hit the mount at full droop or compression then drilled the second lower mounting hole through the mount & frame. They are mirrored, so keep that in mind. I am pointing at the bolt with the ruler that uses the factory frame hole.

Last edited: