• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4 wd selector spring

bikermichael

The only spring on the transfer case selector is almost rusted through. Chevy dealer discontinued part. No luck with LMC. Anybody got any idea of where I can get a replacement spring?

Chaski

McMaster Carr has thousands of springs for sale. If you know the OD, ID and wire diameter you should be good to go.

cucvrus

Is this spring inside the truck on the shifter indicator? Hardware stores have about 100 different springs in stock. They have a board that shows them. I buy the springs for the transmission bell crank selector and the pintle hook at the hardware store. I hope that helps. If it is a spring from inside the tranfer case I have about 3 transfer cases that have grenaded for parts. Happy Holidays. .rs_500x326-141217151556-TheGrinchCartoonhappy grinch.gif

bikermichael

Thanks guys. I am new to the CUCV community and since this is my only foul weather ride it is hard to disassemble first and hunt parts afterward. My spring is not broken yet, but rusted enough for me to expect it to break. When I removed the shifter bezel that indicates 2 wd, neutral, 4 hi, & 4 Lo; you can see spring. Looks like it surrounds shift lever pivot bolt and holds pressure on lever toward driver side. I know when it breaks, the lever will not stay in 2 wd unless you bungee the lever to the bottom of the dash.

cucvrus

You are talking about that heavy duty spring that hold the 4WD lever over to the left as you shift it. So it is part of the floor 4WD shift lever assembly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks