• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

40 level maintenance?

ambd30

I found a red tag on my m923 that was hand written with a date and -40 followed by AIK - ON. The fluids are all full and appear new. Is there a chance that my truck was sent to the depot for a complete service or possibility a rebuild that wasn't annotated with a plate on the dash? Also what might AIK - ON mean?

Thanks
Shane

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My m923 and some I have seen on GL have the antifreeze temp protection rating and date painted/marked on the coolant reservoir tank. Does yours also have this listing?

-40 Is definitely not a southern truck. The truck might work at that temp but this operator certainly won't make it :)

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Concur, it is the antifreeze temp rating.

I always like the question/statement "My engine compartment says AF-##. Does that mean it was an Air Force truck?"

Danl

Danl M915A1

My m923 and some I have seen on GL have the antifreeze temp protection rating and date painted/marked on the coolant reservoir tank. Does yours also have this listing?

-40 Is definitely not a southern truck. The truck might work at that temp but this operator certainly won't make it :)
-40 jest another day in the hood