• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

404 Unimog Radio Box on a Bobbed M35

man630

Anyone ever mounted a 404 Unimog Radio Box on a Bobbed M35. I think the dimensions are pretty close to the M105 trailer. It would be a lot smaller than a M109 (and one less axle) but still make a pretty cool camper.

jollyroger

Interesting idea. Tell us more when you get moving on it.

Anyone else do this yet?

Here recently I've seen pictures of a russian box on a 5 ton in the UK. It fit real nice.

davidkroberts

most likely its a very close fit. one list member mounted a radio box on a M105 frame and it looked great. TennMogger maybe? cant remember but it was a clean install.

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That list member was Mike Pop.
My similiar plan is to try a deuce bed cut into a flatbed, then place the radio box on that.
Common for mog folks to sink four 6"x 6" poles in the ground and make a lifting rig.
That way you can have both the flat bed and the camper.

Mine will hopefully be with a 5 ton quad cab.

man630

Mobbed M35

Here is a line drawing of a 404 Radiobox mounted on a Bobbed M35. I call it the Mobbed M35! Stock first rear axle location. Pretty nice setup, maybe the axle could be moved back a little bit? I'm still researching mounting the Radiobox to the M35 frame or on top of the M35 bed. I've owned 404 Radiobox Mogs in the past and they make excellent Campers. Excellent Build Quality.

Attachments

Wolf.Dose

The 404 box is only about 140 cm hight, quite low for a somewhat comfortable camper body. But insulation is not to bad and it has a side door beside the rear doors. An advantage to a M109 body due to German legal requirements.
Wolf

Craig A Tull

Does sound like a cool idea, did you ever get it done, I have several boxes out in my pasture that I have not even looked at in about ten years don't know if any are still good, I do wonder why take the box off of the most capable off road vehicle in the world and stick it on a M35? BTW they are heavy and well insulated...
I used to import 404s back in the 90s, but only have one left with a 5 cyl. turbo diesel conversion and a radio box and a drop side box, I competed with one in the 1995 Four Wheeler "Top Truck" competition, would have placed much higher if I had not listened to my spotter but that is another story..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks