• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

40K are you kidding me??

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This truck went for 40K today, I really need to talk to my Ins. company, I am way under insured, the dang speedo was half full of water and the windshield was busted, among other things GEEZ...

Attachments

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Prices are all over the place and I don’t think half the people know what they are buying. I got a great deal today I hope.

DaneGer21

With the latest publicity and internet fame of MV’s from the guys at Diesel Brothers and all their recovery videos, it’s no wonder everyone now wants one and prices are going up! Check out Heavy D and all his MV toys!

KS_Patriot

I had planned on at least trying to get a HMMWV from an auction or wherever. My son in law spent a couple of hitches in Iraq in the 101 and when I told him about my ambitions at Thanksgiving, his response was: "why on earth would you want one of those? They are complete junk. Every convoy we did at least half of the HMMWV's broke down." He said the heavier MV's were completely reliable; the LMTV's and other heavy metal performed just great. SO...unless the prices drop back to the $5-7K range, I'm out. However there IS a nice LMTV for sale down the road from me. VERY tempting. My neighbors would shit. :)

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My housemate was the same "Why would you ever want to buy a HMMWV, what a piece of junk..." etc.. Then (20 years after she got out of the Army) she borrowed one for an American Legion parade... then she borrowed it for another parade.. then another and another... it went up for sale and she comes to me and says "Hey you always wanted a HMMWV, maybe you should buy it".. at which point she explains it's a hell of a lot of fun, much more fun then when she was in and HAD to be somewhere, at a specific time, and someone else had to maintain it and never seemed to do it properly..

LOL half the things she tells me are "normal", I've fixed and in her words "Wow, this runs better then any of the HMMWVs in our unit." (She was in from 1992-2000).

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The bubble will pop one of these days. I'm going to keep a lookout for one for sale AFTER someone has already gone through the agony and expense of getting in shape. I'm gettin' too old to wrestle with one of these things in my garage. :cool:
That is a good plan as long as someone reputable did the work like RWH, I'm sure not cheap but usually nothing worthwhile is...

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I don't really attribute it to supply/demand. I believe it's more to do with the rampant inflation at hand. EVERYTHING is more expensive these days, by a lot...

I probably should up my insurance on the fleet now as well.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It just seems that much more desirable trucks are going much cheaper in CA and GA, this one does look like someone put some effort into putting lipstick on it but to me I would rather it be more honest if that makes sense.
Like the one I bought out of SA, for one thing the air horn was off so it was obvious the engine was toast as the intake is directly under the hood drip line, anyone could have slipped it back on as it was there but it was sold as it was..

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been watching there was an ECV (or possibly a REV, I don't really know the differences) with a mostly complete slant back that went for around 15K this week (no turret of course), I am led to believe the top is worth 10K or so, and that was not the only one in that price range.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
People are freaking out regarding supply chain issues because they are unable to buy new cars because this country, the inventor of the microchip, stop making anything important and sent all that technology to asia. I believe that within the next 6 to 8 months, a lot of these people who bought HMMWV’s will find out just how difficult they are to maintain, and a lot of these vehicles will come on back onto the market. There will be a glut and prices will drop.

IMHO

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks