• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

40th MVPA CONVENTION Topeka, Kansas - June 25-27, 2015, Coming??

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I won't know my schedule until last minute.

If I can make it, I'm hoping they still have space at that time. If so, I hopefully will have the contents of the container that was sealed for the last 5 years.

I know there is a complete deuce winch setup, two 5XB Brand New DRASH tents, air assist power steering kit, darn near clueless about what else is in there. Stuff is currently in the central Maryland vicinity. I'll be in that area for fathers day in case someone wants something at that time before I decide to haul it to Topeka.

iatractor

I'm planning to come. Some of us from our local mvpa chapter talked about making a convoy down but not sure if we can pull off in a day from SE Iowa.

jasonjc

I won't know my schedule until last minute.

If I can make it, I'm hoping they still have space at that time. If so, I hopefully will have the contents of the container that was sealed for the last 5 years.

I know there is a complete deuce winch setup, two 5XB Brand New DRASH tents, air assist power steering kit, darn near clueless about what else is in there. Stuff is currently in the central Maryland vicinity. I'll be in that area for fathers day in case someone wants something at that time before I decide to haul it to Topeka.

Just got my new Supply Line, it show a lot of open tables. I see your spots MWMULES right on the end.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just got an email from the MVPA that we're supposed to charge sales tax and report it. That shuts me down from selling my piddly little junk as I'm not going keep track of selling a few dollars worth of stuff and then report it. Anyone that pre-purchases the deuce reinforcement panels I have in the classifieds can swing by and pick them up as I won't be selling them in KS just delivering them.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
mkcoen it has been like that for several years now all over the US with Ca being one of the hardest, it really isn't that hard to do. Last time it was in Ohio we even had to get a temp sale tax number!

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
mkcoen it has been like that for several years now all over the US with Ca being one of the hardest, it really isn't that hard to do. Last time it was in Ohio we even had to get a temp sale tax number!
Not worth the hassle to me. I only have a couple hundred bucks worth of stuff if I sold it all. My table will still be there and the guy I was splitting it with will have his display but I'm leaving my stuff at home. Leaves more room for me to buy things I don't need.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Good news! The Red Tape has been cut and the sales tax applications DO NOT have to be submitted to the KS DOR. A concerned vendor contacted the DOR in Shawnee, KS and found we have a special event tax clearance. The forms will be included in your vendor packets, and a list of all vendors will be submitted to the state after the event. This is a one-time payment for the convention only. I am so sorry to have confused everyone, but the original contact gave us bogus information. Thank you for your patience! We’ll see you in Topeka!

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good news! The Red Tape has been cut and the sales tax applications DO NOT have to be submitted to the KS DOR.
The email is still about clear as mud. Do vendors selling items in the Swap Meet area have to charge and report sales tax at any point?

KansasBobcat

The email is still about clear as mud. Do vendors selling items in the Swap Meet area have to charge and report sales tax at any point?
Mark: sounds like getting a one day sales tax number here in Texas. Not a big deal but I found out that they keep it on file forever. I would not worry, take your stuff and sell it and fill out the form. I do not think they have enough black helicopters to follow you back to Texas.

Major Asstyrd

My wife and I are going. We will have an info table to talk about the 2016 MVPA Convention we are putting on in Pleasanton, California. Last week we passed through Topeka on the way to my wife's high school reunion in Hiawatha and we found a good brewery restaurant a couple miles from the venue. I know a few other MVCCers who are going to the show.

slingshot5

40th MVPA Convention Need JUDGE for British, Swiss and German MV's

I have a British Military "Lightweight" Land Rover, Swiss Army bicycles and a German Army WW II bicycles entered for judging at the MVPA Convention. I was notified that they currently don't have anyone knowledgeable in any of these vehicles to serve as judge. If you have any "knowledge" of said vehicles and will be at the convention please contact me so I can submit your name as a possible judge.
20x20 overall.jpgCheers, David

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is one humid mother today. I did get the truck loaded and ready to leave at 0500 tomorrow morning for Cheyenne to pick up 36 Goat wheels/tires then it's on to Topeka! See everyone there.

painter paul

We are planning on bringing my M915A1/Tru-Hutch with my SLCT-1000 20 ' container trailer carrying our for sale M114. Still have to clean the M114 carburetor out.We have lots of other trucks for sale but even tho we are only 155 miles away we don't have enough drivers. I will have a little room to help transport small items north into SE Nebraska if anyone needs help getting things home. Thanks, Paul

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We are planning on bringing my M915A1/Tru-Hutch with my SLCT-1000 20 ' container trailer carrying our for sale M114. Still have to clean the M114 carburetor out.We have lots of other trucks for sale but even tho we are only 155 miles away we don't have enough drivers. I will have a little room to help transport small items north into SE Nebraska if anyone needs help getting things home. Thanks, Paul
Glad I don't have a big enough trailer or I might let my "not big enough" wallet have the better of me.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I am only an hour away but do to being an empty nester now only a couple of trucks of mine will be there. XM818+ M146. M35a2 +?trailer and 2 military motorcycles.

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Can't wait to meet/see you guys, I'm in Topeka working already please let me know if any of you guys need anything checked out or if you need any help with anything I'd be happy to do what I can just ask.