• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

419 Left front axle failure

1990mog419

Hey everyone! First time posting. I just bought a 1990 SEE and the left front axle snapped the first time I used it. I suspect the front diff lock was engaged, though I'm positive the switch was turned off. Looking for any advice you can give on how to replace this (Expedition Imports has the part), what else I should replace while I'm in there, and how to go about troubleshooting a front diff lock that seems to be stuck on.

Huge thank you for your time!

Attachments

Speedwoble

Welcome to the club!
Service and parts manuals are easily accessible and will tell you what work you are in for. The locker is slid over by air and returned by a spring. A bit of binding or a bit of rust and it might not slide. On the set of axles I sold, I could apply air and hear the locker slide to engage and disengage with a click.
Where are you located?

1990mog419

Thank you for the warm welcome and information on the locker. I'll see about that spring, that's probably the issue. I'm in Washington State.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks