• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

41st Annual East Coast Military Vehicle Rally & Militaria Flea Market @ Aberdeen, MD

boykindennis

41st Annual East Coast Military Vehicle Rally & Militaria Flea Market @ Aberdeen, MD

8, 9 & 10 May 2014 - It's Armed Forces Week @ Cal Ripken Stadium
Aberdeen, Maryland - Rt 22, Ex 85 on Interstate 95
41st Annual East Coast Military Vehicle Rally & Militaria Flea Market sponsored by the Blue & Grey Chapter of the MVPA.

Look, Buy, Show, Swap, Sell, Trade - a true Family Event. Dawn to Dusk, Rain or Shine
Military Clothing, Tents, Packs, Bags, Electronics, Vehicles, Insignia, Books, Tools, Memorabilia, Parts Great for Scouts, Collectors, Vets, Modelers, Re-enactors

The 12 acre 680 space Flea Market spaces sell fast, so sign up soon

www.militaryvehicleshow.com
800-730-6621

ollied

Just got back from nj show, great show 30 dollar covered spaces ,fed the vendors,grass or blacktop, Why are ecr spaces 60 dollars on blacktop when i understand club only pays 4500 dollars for the location? Need to consider vendors ,without them , no show .I am sorry but someone needed to say this Oliver Davis 101 park Mt. Airy Md. 21771 cell 240-674-6003ps 680 x 60 =40800.00 ?

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
The MD group will be in the yellow section, rows LM and spots 10-19. marc I sent you a pm on your spots. i have 4 left if u want to attend. Great show for those who are within 3-4 hours driving.

powersmoke18

Got some 5 ton axles, like New cab shell, 1400r20s goodyears and some other stuff for the m939 series truck also 7155 transmissions and control manifolds forsale. Can bring to Aberdeen show. Pm me if interested.

boykindennis

Oliver:

I appreciate your concern, but I'm not going to debate you in this forum. I can tell you that our expenses are much, much higher than you think, and include many, many more requirements than just the rental of the parking lot. The Blue & Grey MVT has lost money on this show in the past, and we've come very close to moving it because of the intransigence of the property owner. The number you quoted isn't even close to what they wanted this year - the real numbers are much larger.

I'm not sure if you came to the last three meetings in which we really wrestled with how we were going to afford to do the show. It took a lot of arm twisting to get the owner to be reasonable on the price, and we have to push a lot of other buttons (traffic, trash, liability insurance, permits, advertising, printing, etc, etc, etc,) to get the numbers to work.

We think that $ 60 is pretty reasonable for a show of this size and this magnitude, and I certainly hope you come on over and join us in May.

Thanks,

Dennis

ollied

No debate, talked to many venders at the mta show that are not coming due to location, cost of fuel ,spaces, motel rooms. we need to move. Mta fed the vendors free showers and camping.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I get tired of people complaining about this show. Here is what happens. The negativity turns people off and they do not come. this is slow death. Some of you will get your way and the Blue/Gray will move from here and we will not have a show at all. Then you will be the ones who will remember the fine days of Aberdeen. There are less and less of these events due to rising cost, rising fuel and tolls, having to work more hours just to pay bills on the homefront. Trust me, the Blue/Gray breaks about even from these shows. this is their 1 big event. Now we will have the post crowd complainers show up and talk about the things that they were not happy about. This should also be dealth with at the show, with the Blue Gray. If you have a problem come down to Yellow, LM spot 19 and I will get someone on your problem, unless its too hot or cold.. We do out best to collect trash, get spot a pots, keep the peace. We cannot compete with the prices the MTA gets, its reality. Most of us are from MD and VA and do not want to hold a show in PA. I just want a good show that lasts for years and years.

ollied

Been club member since 91 was treasuer vp twice got the club inc. I AM NOT Complaining just trying to get show back on track. Black top is ok for cars shows but mil vehicles need grass there are a dozen of other places to have in Md.What happened to the vendor survey that was to be taken last year?

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
This is an internal Blue/Gray club issue and not one for the SS members to solve. I wish the negativity around this event would be directed at the Blue/Gray and not put out so others who may see these threads think that it is a screwed up event.

PaFarmer

I will be down Friday. Last year was my first visit. I was impressed with the vehicles on display and the vendors. I got a cargo cover for my Dad's deuce. I am looking for a good 939 series cab cover in tan. I could trailer my 404 mog. It is no show truck, I have taken it to Rausch Creek for our rallies the past two spring events.

jatonka

I will be down to visit on Friday, I used to be a vendor, just can't do it anymore, the drive is too expensive nowadays, the space rent adds up a lot more cause I took 5 spaces to show my stuff and the blacktop doesn't work for my setup. I actually enjoyed Churchville very much, it was a great venue for military vehicles to display at. I know it was terrible muddy the second year, but even that was kind of fun. It was still close to Aberdeen for the local guys who don't want to travel far. I'm not complaining, just saying how it is for me. JT

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
John I picked up a stash of great cigars in the dominician republic last month. Hunt me down. I know how you feel and would love to find a local farmer to allow us to set up camp. we have been looking but the lawyers ruined everything with people worried about getting sued for idiotic acts people do...

art

Not complaining. But,,,
i agree with Ollie and JT something has to be done.

i also gave up 7 spots last year(7x60=$420), I love the show comming down from North Jersey since Churchville (2003) in a Duce.

It's like the the post office, they raise the price of mail and they wonder why people send less cards or letters anymore.
Lower the price and you will sell more spaces. = More vendors, campers, or rent a spot just for a good parking spot and people would take addional space for less $$.
Maybe then you would have a sellout show again.
I will not get into the Tax man or the economy issues.
It's a great show, great people, great MVs, let's keep it going and get it back on track.
Art

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks