• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

427 Hypercycle vs. 465 Multifuel

jatonka

Does any one here have a good knowledge of what accessories can bolt from the 427 to the 465? We are planning on taking the intake,exhaust manifolds and turbo charger from an expended LDS 427-2 and installing on one of our LD 465-1C engnes. We also plan on installing the 427 injector pump and injectors. I think all of these things will bolt on but I remember Rich Greene once telling me that the only part that interchanges is the water pump. I could use some help here from anyone who knows what goes. Thanks, John T :?:

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
i would think that the injectors would be too old design wise unless they have been changed. you want the two hole injectors

acetomatoco

Hopefully you meant 427... the original Studebaker M35A1s with the 427 and the "turbosupercharger" will be rare and collectible...don't mess em up.. Rich Greene is gone and not forgotten... I would just get a 200 buck 465 and stuff it in there...

jatonka

Well, The turbo on a 427 hyprercycle was for power, not to clean the exhaust. The injector pump moved a lot of fuel into the engine, guess that's why they smoke SOOOO much. My experience with the M35A1 truck is that it has a lot more on the ground horsepower than any M35A2 I own. I own a lot of M35A2s. I want to see if a 465 will be more powerful with the older parts adde. Ace, the 427 I'm borrowing parts from has a broken crank, bought it that way. JT out

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
the D turbo (i think that is the quiet one) makes more boost, but you can only put so much fuel to it. fuel = hp but also heat. i don't see how you can really get that much more power. i have mine turned up to what i think must be 200 hp. it is not afraid of most of the hills around here but is close to the limit temp wise. more smoke than a certain point just = heat and wasted fuel. i can make 15 psi of boost, i'll let you drive it at gilbert.............

dmetalmiki

hm...I had a 427..went to holland bought a complete 465 drove it home!..(ferry x water!)..put 465 into my deuce.. power "sounds" and traction much better. ..take a peek at this document...oh..and as a pee,ess..the SINGLE HOLE injectors give MORE power. tek a butcherz at..TM 9-2320-356-bd Chapter 5. good luck..

aheilmann68

i hate reviving a long, very long dead thread but Jatonka, were you able to swap parts from the 427 to the 465? if so what was the success. from what im reading the heads are different and so the injectors will not work? will most of these parts swap over? im away from both motors for a while andtrying to do the hw on them vs just pulling parts and seeing

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd say mostly everything - including crank; heads; IP; turbos and all other accessories attached - will fit on any model MF - and could be swapped around.
It may not work optimal, but the motor will run, at least.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks