• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

454 swap

91burb

Hello, I was wondering if anybody had swapped a 454 in place of the 6.2 and what mounts they were using my truck was a civilian K 30 that originally was at 350 and someone swapped at 454 in the motor sits too low in the engine bay was just curious what mounts you guys are using if anybody is doing the swap

adf5565

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I changed the mounts on my M1008 it actually took the same mounts as a SBC and not the 6.2 mounts. Doesn’t make much sense but that’s what matched the previous mounts. On the supposed 6.2 mounts, the holes didn’t line up with the frame bracket.

87cr250r

When I changed the mounts on my M1008 it actually took the same mounts as a SBC and not the 6.2 mounts. Doesn’t make much sense but that’s what matched the previous mounts. On the supposed 6.2 mounts, the holes didn’t line up with the frame bracket.

I ran into this problem as well. I think the universal parts catalog has the wrong mounts listed for the k30. Order your mounts for any other 4wd of that vintage or get the inserts from a popular polyurethane vendor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks