• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

460 CES Power Pro LC-1

Memphisdoug

My fire department was just given a generator/lightower from the DNR. On the outside it is identified as a 460 CES Power Pro LC-1. It is painted army green but doesn't seem to have any of the usual military identification plates on it. It has a diesel Onan generator. The light tower has 4 large light on it. It folds up into place and then is pneumatically raised using an onboard compressor. Does anyone have any idea what this thing is? My searches here and on the internet are not finding anything. Sorry - I don't have a picture yet

Crash_AF

460 CES is the 460th Civil Engineer Squadron (currently located at Buckley AFB, Denver, CO)
Power Pro is Power Production Shop (My AFSC or MOS for you Army types)
LC-1 is Light Cart number 1

It is probably a TF-1 Flood Light Set. A pic will help me verify. Used them extensively in the desert. Biggest problems we had with them were the pneumatic mast seals getting eaten up by the sand.

They are basically the Civilian equivalent of a MEP-002. IIRC they have a governor though that keeps the frequency at 60Hz where the 002A doesn't.

Later,
Joe

ETA: Yes, it's a TF-1

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks