• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

46s, Goodyears vs Michelin for a Mud Tire

supeman100

I have to pick between these two tires for my bobbed deuce but cant figure out which one. I have read other forums on the two but they weren't really talking about off road use. so my question is which is a better tire for mudding, how fast do they wear, street use.
Thanks

welldigger

I would imagine a Michelin xzl would be the better mud tire. I will say this, I had a hard time choosing between the goodyear mvt and Michelin xzl. Both are great tires. I do not like the Michelin xml.

I ended up choosing the xzl because they were 25$ cheaper than the mvt at the tire yard I was at.

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would definitely go with the Michelins. I have trucks with both Goodyears and Michelins, and when aired down the Michelins have a lot less bulge in the sidewall with the same air pressure. Also, the Michelins for me have held up a lot better.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you guys compared the weight ratings between the GYs and the Michelins? 9.370 vs. 12,300 lbs. That is probably why the sidewalls bulge less on the Michelins with the same pressure. The Michelins have a noticeable growl (in a deuce, no less) that I could not hear with the GYs (more aggressive tread). The GYs do have a wider footprint but that is better for sand, not so much for mud.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks