• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4a032 Electronic Spark Control

m139h2otruck

Just won a retro-fit kit to change-out the points on the 4a032 to electronic on E-BAY for cheap money ($17+ shipped). Box was unopened with all parts still in the bags, but no instructions. Figured that it can't be too hard so installed on Saturday. Now engine only runs on #1 & #2 cylinders, but has spark on #3 & #4. Anyone have any ideas? How about the instruction sheet? Even tried the old rotor for the coils, no change.

m139h2otruck

If it is a bad controller (which I assume is the little black pod inside the coil case, one per side), why would I have spark on the two cylinders that won't run? How did you correct yours, and did it take two controllers?

mangus580

Got a new module. What happens, is they will still show spark, but its either too weak to fire, or timed wrong. I had bought mine from saturn... and they hooked me right up.

m139h2otruck

Ace can flog me with a wet manual!!

Since I did not have any instructions with the new kit & did not download the manual yet, when the coils are marked "top" I installed them that way. WRONG!! Per the manual, the righthand coil must be installed with "top" down and wired per the manual!! Right coil controls the left mounted secondary coils and must be the source of the problem. Will know better tonight.

m139h2otruck

Well, last night I reversed the right hand coil per the manual. Engine started on third pull and after clearing the lazy cylinders from before, ran great. Next time something is labeled "top" don't believe it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks