• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4A032 engine

Montecarlokid

Can anyone tell me what the pulley and 2 wire connection was used for? I was told this particular engine was on a generator, don't have anything except the engine. Going to try and swap the current point ignition for electronic ignition any help on this project would be great help!!

m38inmaine

The "pulley" on the front of the engine is used to wrap a rope around to pull start it. Can't comment on the wires.

Montecarlokid

This pulley and what looks like some kind of clutch is on the end where the fly wheel and fan are. Thought the starting pulley was on the other end of crank , by the coils etc.. With all that being said I should have gave that info early

Guyfang

Staff member
Have you read the TM? It explains it all in the TM. You also can find all the info on the electronic ignition in the TM. All the manuals you need to work on this engine are in the TM upload section. If I remember correctly, on the back side of the fan, was a number of bolts, (5 each, I think) that you removed to separate the flywheel and the fan. Look at figure 21 of TM 9-2805-262-24P. It shows you how it is connected.

Guyfang

Staff member
If you had started this thread in Aux equipment, more people would have jumped in. This engine was mostly used on generators, and air compressors.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks