• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4A032 Governor gear.

nathanto

I am trying to get the plastic gear for the governor drive. I am planning a bowfishing rig. Should that fall short I will need the governor.

Also the alternator bracket.

6x6TRex

No wanted ads in the forums, read the rules.

Saturn Surplus has the governor. There is no alternator bracket for the 4a032, it never came with a charging system. Have to fab your own bracket to install your own alternator.

nathanto

I have a new governor, but it appears that a plastic gear bolts onto the governor. I figured it would be a good idea, to ask for help.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Post a pic, maybe someone can identify your part or problem.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the 2 cyl engine, there is a plastic gear that has internal splines that fit on the governor shaft, Then gear has a hole that the magneto drive pin goes into. The outer dia of the gear is driven by the cam.

Have you looked at a technical manual for a parts picture?

coyote62ny

if saturn does not have the gear try colmans surplus 1-888-478-7758 and ask for john he is there generator guy very helpful. colmans will most likely be a good used part mabe they have new not shure.

ctfjr

Welcome to the board Nathanto. There are a lot of helpful people here and its a tremendous resource of knowledge. I know most people have been very helpful to me.

nathanto

The bow fishing fan is a success. It will start with a spin of the prop. I have it rigged dual fuel. The float swelled, and I had to trim it. To this point I have not sealed the float. The coil on the left must be mounted upside down. It took a couple of days to figure out that one. Finally, I found, one photo showing it. I will not need the governor, as it is running just fine on propane.

epitts

The bow fishing fan is a success. It will start with a spin of the prop. I have it rigged dual fuel. The float swelled, and I had to trim it. To this point I have not sealed the float. The coil on the left must be mounted upside down. It took a couple of days to figure out that one. Finally, I found, one photo showing it. I will not need the governor, as it is running just fine on propane.
Show some pic's please!

shohnson

I know this is a very old thread but if you still around Nathanto, I'd be curious to find out what kind of performance your getting out of this set-up. Prop size and pitch, Weight of rig and estimated speed. If you don't know thats fine but I am starting a project with one of these engines right now and I'm curious about the sucess of others using it. That appears to be the largest 3 blade prop I've seen mounted to one of these engines. Any info is appreciated.
Thanks,
Shohn

nathanto

At the time that I called Arrow Prop. I told them that I had a 25 hp engine. The prop was supposed to be a 40". I cannot say anything about the pitch. It is stamped 40P3A20, but I cannot make sense of the numbers. I must mean 40", 3 blade, 20 pitch. But you would have to clarify that with Arrow Prop. I can tell you that it pushes the 17' boat even at slow idle, for bowfishing. Then at a good clip for moving to another location. I do not know if the electronic igniton on the 4A032 has built in timing advance. So I wonder if that motor is performing properly at varied speeds. The magnetos are held on with spring clips, and I ended up using 1/2" socket clips to hold them in place. If you look, you will see the magneto on the left is upside down. That is the correct installation. I am happy with the little motor, but I need to fit it with a float, or another carberator. I am running propane now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks