• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4A084-4 engine

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
thanks, bjorn,
i looked at that and it says it is for the -4, but it does not address the same mag as mine has and therefore no info on timing the internal rotor drive.

liftman

What mag to you have? It should be a Fairbanks Morse.

The instructions for mag timing are on pages 4-54 thru 4-57. I am assuming you have the governor removed also. That is the only way to get the timing correct when reinstalling the magneto. Pay special attention to paragraph (2) on page 4-56 concerning the impulse coupling.

There are actually (2) timing marks on the cam gear and you need to be sure you time the mag to the lead mark, or the impulse will trip when the piston is halfway down the cylinder, and the engine will start hard or never start.

I found this out last year when I was resurrecting my MEP018 that I had gotten (15) years prior and never did anything with. It now runs well and will provide power to the whole house if needed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks