• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4Ao32 Standard engine powered genset CARBURATOR rebuild kit source

Jericho

The 4A032 and a couple of other standard engines use the same carb, a zenith 13260 , it was coded XB3 so it was non accountable and throw away hence no repair . They seemed to have dried up and the last two I bought, ran no better then the ones I had, Dried up and perished seals and the ever present FLOAT to large , sticking problem. Found a probable source for a complete rebuild kit, around $40.00 and a BRASS float about $40.00 from the Carb Doctor on the internet, looks quality , all new brass works, will let you know!

Guyfang

Staff member
Jericho,

Good work!

Yeah, the SMR code was PAOZZ, toss away. Everyone used to keep a drawer full of them. If this turns out to be a good rebuild kit, that should help lots of folks. Thanks!

I heard this float could be modified to work in the 1A08 engine and some others.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0018TWJJ2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I ordered one and its brass color, looks good and when I have an extra moment will see if it does
work or can easily be made to work. I have a number of these engines, 1A08 and 2A016, and typically
run into a float problem......or a sinking problem actually......

thanks for sharing!

Jericho

hope it helps! , got three gensets running those carbs now, well not running actually, Will report when I get the kit installed Thanks fellas.

OK here are some pics comparing the inexpensive float I purchased off Amazon for $6 with a factory float.

Engine is a 1977 1A08 built by Chrysler (Mother MoPar)
20170825_205552.jpg20170825_205603.jpg
Carb is likely a replacement and in nice shape, the float looks nice.
This is the engine that came off the air compressor I mounted the Predator engine onto in a different thread.
Note the crack in the intake manifold common in this application.
20170825_205641.jpg

Comparing the two floats you will note it is NOT a drop in replacement.
But it does physically fit and my cohort and I are going to see if we can
modify it to work properly.

Thoughts or input welcome!
20170825_210240.jpg20170825_210451.jpg20170825_210424.jpg20170825_210432.jpg

20170825_210640.jpg

Last edited:

Jericho

if the float ID and OD are the same and the bracket is different , Just solder the right one on, from the old one, Iam getting past the point of fab ing everything , Seems everything cost $100.oo lately, so if its less than 100 gramolees I just buy the right one, I don't have time to do everything anymore

if the float ID and OD are the same and the bracket is different , Just solder the right one on, from the old one, Iam getting past the point of fab ing everything , Seems everything cost $100.oo lately, so if its less than 100 gramolees I just buy the right one, I don't have time to do everything anymore
Roger!

New bracket soldered on Sir!~

Need to try it now......see if it still floats.....

:razz:

Jericho

Used to buy a lot from Saturn , good guys, BUT last two I bought were no better than the ones I had, except shiney, They were 70s vintage. Floats stuck within a hour of operation , seals were shrunk and flat ,Just age, Messaged them a few times with no reply and they don't list them for sale any more.

Guyfang

Staff member
Ft. Riley is the reason I retired. After 19 years in the army, always doing what I was told to do, going where I was told to go, I came down on orders for Riley. I called my branch manager, to try and work out something else. I wanted Ft. Lewis, or Ft. Bliss, IF I had to go. I much rather wanted to stay here in Germany. My manager did not want to work out a deal, so I put in retirement papers. I might even have gone there, but when he said I would be there at least 5 years, that was the straw that broke the camel's back. I knew it was a stupid move then, and haven't changed my mind since. But I have been called hard headed before. I have a cousin that lives someplace around there. Works for a company that rents out equipment.

Jericho

Bad news I am afraid , Finally got the kit for the carb, NO DICE , although it was touted as a direct replacement , its not Even the same carb parts, Will keep looking, BUT the float fits the Studebaker twin cylinder genset engine! am wondering if they have their applications mixed up

rustystud

Ft. Riley is the reason I retired. After 19 years in the army, always doing what I was told to do, going where I was told to go, I came down on orders for Riley. I called my branch manager, to try and work out something else. I wanted Ft. Lewis, or Ft. Bliss, IF I had to go. I much rather wanted to stay here in Germany. My manager did not want to work out a deal, so I put in retirement papers. I might even have gone there, but when he said I would be there at least 5 years, that was the straw that broke the camel's back. I knew it was a stupid move then, and haven't changed my mind since. But I have been called hard headed before. I have a cousin that lives someplace around there. Works for a company that rents out equipment.
To bad you didn't get Ft Lewis Guy ! That is just down the road about 60 miles from me.

rustystud

Bad news I am afraid , Finally got the kit for the carb, NO DICE , although it was touted as a direct replacement , its not Even the same carb parts, Will keep looking, BUT the float fits the Studebaker twin cylinder genset engine! am wondering if they have their applications mixed up
At least you tried. That is more then most can say. That makes you a "sheepdog" and not a "sheeple" . Sheeple just follow, the sheepdogs get things done.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks