• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4L80E pan question....

hummer4x4guy

I have a 2000 transmission. I see there is no drain plug on the pan. Does the pan shape vary that much between the years listed in which it calls out a kit pn: 8682888 or is that they simply removed the plug after 1996?
I would prefer a pan with a plug set up myself unless there is a good reason not to have it.
Thanks

Hollypk

As far as I know, a 4L80E should be the same as the next 4L80E. I see a lot of pans where the plug was just never put in but it looks just like a pan with a plug " dimple spot in pan". You could get a junkyard pan and weld your own bung in it. I'm with you, all transmissions should have a drain plug, I would change my fluid every other oil change if that was the case.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a bunch of 4L80E's from take out m1151's....out of 5, only 2 have drain plugs...I change my pans over if they don't have them. My 98 hummer has a drain plug....

86m1028

There is an early version & a late version but I don't remember the year cut.

NOTE: This is in the civilian 4l80's, I don't know what the military did.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks