• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4th Annual Oklahoma Convoy - 11-26-11

M813A1

Hi Guys !! I am out I have to work Saturday !! So I will be have a lot of Fun at work would rather be rollin down the road !! Sorry Have Fun !!

Katahdin

My brother and I are just west of Little Rock at the moment, we're pushing through to be in Lawton tomorrow. We're planning to be there in OKC Saturday morning to see your trucks!

merlot566jka

My brother and I just got the deuce fired up after repairing the water pump. The initial fire up has begun. Waiting to reach temp.

Reached temp, still leaking coolant like mad. Have added 3 bottles of Barrs stop leak. We got it up to temp, drove it around, and now were letting it cool back down and will retest in the morn.

I will keep you guys updated if I can make it or not.

OEFISHER

Katahdin looking forward to it. And Merlot I have faith that you will make it. Glad the weather man decided to cooperate. Looking forward to a great time.

Randy

Fingers crossed Merlot. Katahdin, we'll see you there! We leave the Capitol at 8:30, a WAG puts us at Pop's around 9:30...

Katahdin

Hey guys, we made it to Lawton. We're leaving my brother's moving truck there and grabbing a hotel near OKC tonight since his new place doesn't have power or water hooked up yet. See you guys in the morning!

merlot566jka

Looks like I will be there. Still have a coolant leak... Looks like something is cracked cause it's not coming from the pump or hoses. It's only about a drop per second. I added 3 bottles of barrs... Should make it. Driving from norman to Edmond in a bit... Will be heading out from Edmond in the AM to meet you guys at the Capitol.

Where exactly do we meet at the Capitol? Is there a parking lot?

Randy

Meet in the parking lot just south of the capitol building. Look for a M1009 - I will be there by 0800 (hopefully). See everyone there!

Cleptomaniac, it's up to you; looks like 2 deuces, a few 1009s and whatever you bring... if anybody is bringing something different let us know!

Last edited:

merlot566jka

Awesome will be there.

Made it to Edmond. Half of the truck is covered in coolant. Going to hit the truck wash early in the am. The leak looks like its not as bad, but is still leaking pretty good. Hoping the barrs does the trick till I have time to pull off the front again

M813A1

Hey Merlot just loosen your Radiator cap and that way it will not pressure up and blow coolant, just leave it on the radiator loose so it does not come off and you should be OK and not blow coolant all over your truck .

M813A1

I hope everyone has a Good trip , I have to work so I am out !! Pop's is a Good eating place !! Have Fun and a Happy Holiday Season to everyone !!! :beer::beer:

minzbigg

I've been out of the loop for a bit but I'm gonna show up since I only live a few miles from down town. I was gonna ask a battery question but I can save it for tomorrow . And if anyone is up for it I know of some trails and mud just 3 miles from the capital:-D.

merlot566jka

Hey Merlot just loosen your Radiator cap and that way it will not pressure up and blow coolant, just leave it on the radiator loose so it does not come off and you should be OK and not blow coolant all over your truck .
It leaks immediately... No pressure required! It's gotta be from the pump housing...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks