• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4th of July HMMWV Plans Anyone?

Wire Fox

Sitting in my driveway, working on the wiring for my TCM. If I'm really lucky, I'll be fishing my wiring harness through conduit that day and then terminating the ends, which means TEST DRIVE....but I don't think my conduit will arrive before Wednesday or Thursday...

riderdan

I'll probably take the kids to the donut shop in the morning. That's our traditional Saturday morning activity, but I have some projects to work on tomorrow, so they'll get their humvee ride and donuts on Tuesday. There's a fireworks display at the local park, but I'm not set up for five passengers yet, so we'll be driving one of the POVs to that.

infidel got me

Going out in the woods with 6 or 7 mv, grilling out, popin tops, and watching stuff go boom!!!!!

Hope everyone has a great day and be SAFE. If you had too much to drink--- let someone else drive.......

NormB

Worked LAST night. Was lucky to get out of the parking lot. We're just a couple hundred yards from where the city puts on a fireworks display. LAST year I was blocked in until the idiot came over and moved their car. This year it was just crowded. People park a 1/2 mile away and walk to the park.

I plan to drive my M1038 into work on Tuesday. Park in front of the clinic where receptionist can keep an eye on it. We close at 5, so I intend on going home and my daughter and I will launch the last of my collection of large, dangerous fireworks collected on several trips to Tennessee. I need the garage storage space for my HMMWV parts. ;)

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will probably tool around town in the M998 a bit just because I can, but I have a full day of housework and maintenance planned too. My traditional 4th practice is to ride my antique Harley around town to get a cheeseburger. I haven't gotten the HMMWV completely folded into the routine yet :)

Bulldogger

Lawdog734

I had mine in our local 4th of July parade with 2 other HMMWV's plus a HMMWV from the local Reserve center - our trucks were way nicer but no doubt they aren't run nearly as hard anymore. The below pic is from our local newspaper - that's my GMV up front. We vastly underestimated the candy situation and plan on doubling our candy budget next year!

Studio_20170705_130952.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks