• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4th of july prep

Cucvnut

So im going to put my truck in a 4th of July parade, Its not stock what are some things i can do to make it more visual that its a military truck? I have all the unit numbers and its tan but I'm not sure if people realize that tan is a military color.

zout

Like the fellas said - does not matter. Find out from the parade directors if you can or cannot toss candy from the cab to the kids - a lot no longer allow it because the parents do not handle the kids and they run into vehicles (not a good thing) to chase the candy.

First time camping with our MV I got a big cheap o bag of them rubber army men like us ole folks use to have - when kids came to check out the truck I handed them each a little army man - they had a ball with them and thougth it was cool. After walking around later and checking area's out the kids would be out pretending with them still playing with them.

Have a great time on the parade.

L1A1

Using the M1008 for this? Do you have the troop seats in the bed? How about hanging some gear off of the seat backs? -Or paint that large black chevron on the door like the trucks used in the first Gulf War had? If there are other MVs in the parade maybe your CUCV could be placed somewhere in the middle so the viewing public gets the idea that the "chevy pick-up" in an MV as well. Like others have already posted, though, those that have served when the M1008 was in service will recognize it.

Remember to pull your PMs and check everything before you head out to the parade jump off point. Nothing more embarrasing then having a break down in the middle of a parade...

Good Luck,
Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks