• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4th Semi-Annual Texas MV Rally

LibTimothy

Sadly, I am not available either weekend. :sad: I have class 8am to noon both Saturdays. Maybe I can work out being there Saturday afternoon.

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

Timothy

OL AG '89

Barrman, just thinkin out LOUD.....
I'l bring some lawn darts for the kids and maybe water ballons for the youngsters.....
I've got a couple of old Propane tanks we could shoot at.......
Other than that we could just sit around in the light of the campfire and tell stories.....

nofearnohope

A few updates for the Nov Rally. The owner has had to increase his rates to cover thefts and vandalism on his property. He is still cutting us a huge break since we have been there 3 times already and have never damaged anything. His new rate is $750/night, but he is only charging us $300/night. This is only a $100 increase over the last couple times. I am also in contact with an air unit out of Ft Hood to try and get the helicopters this time that we weren't able to get last November.

OL AG '89

So $600 for the weekend?:shock:
WOW..... I'd let y'all stay on my land for FREE!!!!!
Problem is it's in Northeast Texas..... about 5 hours away.:(
And no really cool hills.....

We definitely need to recruit a BUNCH of people for this!!
or look somewhere else......

nofearnohope

We can let people who "work" at the 2 museums know about it, but we need to be careful who all gets invited since we all have our trucks and possibly the helicopters out there.

badga the badger

I dont really like the idea of inviting MVPA people. I'm just thinking that this is a Steel Soldiers rally for Steel Soldiers. I know, be open minded and such, but as nofear stated, we're going to have our trucks and hopefully the helicopters out there. just my 2cents

two.fiveM35

I dont really like the idea of inviting MVPA people. I'm just thinking that this is a Steel Soldiers rally for Steel Soldiers. I know, be open minded and such, but as nofear stated, we're going to have our trucks and hopefully the helicopters out there. just my 2cents
I don't understand how MVPA people would have a negative affect on the weekend. I assume most MVPA member are also on Steel Soldiers.

runk

I remember the first time we were out there, something about the owner not minding if we knocked down some trees ?
Any chance we could trade some trail widening for part of the weekend's cost ? I wouldn't mind spending 1/2 day cutting and hauling, if it would get us a couple more deuce friendly trails.

txdodge43man

I will make a note of the event on the Military Museum of Texas calender and will also talk to the 6th CAV group as I am also a member and they like doing camp outs. The CAV is mostly WWII but they have members with M35's and other M series vehicles. This will always be a Steel Soldier event but by inviting other groups it can open doors to other shows and events that one group does and otheres do not know about.

There isn't a MVPA chapter in Houston that I know of.

nofearnohope

I will make a note of the event on the Military Museum of Texas calender and will also talk to the 6th CAV group as I am also a member and they like doing camp outs. The CAV is mostly WWII but they have members with M35's and other M series vehicles. This will always be a Steel Soldier event but by inviting other groups it can open doors to other shows and events that one group does and otheres do not know about.

There isn't a MVPA chapter in Houston that I know of.
They are more than welcome to bring anything they want. It doesn't have to be an M35. Anything WWII would be great.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks