• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5/16JIC/5-AN to anything adapter

Crawdaddy

The last step on my generator trailer project is to hook up the 90 gallon external tank to the aux in fuel pump on my MEP-003 set. I've been having a heck of a time finding an adapter to get from the 5/16JIC fitting on the pump to any standard AN fitting size. I ultimately need to get to the 10-AN male fitting that's on the tank's dip tube.

I know 5/16JIC is effectively the same thing as 5-AN, but even getting from 5-AN to anything has been a pain. The best I've found is Earl's 991907 5-AN to 6-AN male, but then I have to find a short 5-AN hose to hook between the pump and that fitting. Does anyone have any hints on where I can find a fitting that will help me finish this project?

dstang97

So the -10an fitting is on the tank. That sounds very big. What kind of aux tank is it? Can you get a photo of the tank?

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, and I may have a couple left over short fuel lines left from an old 002A I used to have, which might work if you need a small hose to go from M to M.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Edit: I must have tossed them out, knowing I would probably never have another air cooled unit. With that said, I DO have an 802 parts unit, which should have a short fuel line from the aux inlet, to the aux fuel pump I could part with.

jbayer

Why not just change the -5 90 degree fitting in the aux pump to a -6, and get a -6 hose instead of all kinds of adapters.-6 90 degree to pipe thread is a common enough fitting.
That's what I did, and I changed the -5 to straight pipe fitting on the Jerry can adapter to a -6. Still cheaper than just buying the -5 hose assy. for Aux fuel.

Last edited:

DieselGenAC

Parker has a bunch of JIC to NPT adapters available.
5-4 F6X-S -5 JIC female to 1/4NPT male
5 FTX-S -5 JIC male to 1/8NPT male
5-4 FTX-S -5 JIC male to 1/4NPT male
5-6 FTX-S -5 JIC male to 3/8NPT male
5 GTX-S -5 JIC male to 1/8NPT female
5-4 GTX-S -5 JIC male to 1/4NPT female

Eaton Weatherhead also has some adapters.

9100X5X4 -5 JIC fem to 1/4NPT male
C5205X5 -5 JIC male to 1/8NPT male
C5205X5X4 -5 JIC male to 1/4NPT male
C5205X5X6 -5 JIC male to 3/8NPT male
C5255X5 -5 JIC male to 1/8NPT fem
C5255X5X4 -5 JIC male to 1/4NPT fem

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks