• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5.9L Cummins for a Deuce

mhodges

EDIT: After MUCH FRUSTRATION- from a buyer who backed out after 4weeks of holding his deposit, I am relisting this on Craigslist, and I just wanted to see if there was any remaining or possibly new interest in this... need to get rid of soon to free up space/money for my other project! Anyone who might be interested in this, shoot me a pm and make any offer- you never know, I might just take it. Also, can possibly provide some assistance w/ moving/delivery.

Anybody looking for a good running 5.9L Cummins 6BT (intercooled and turbo'ed) with an automatic od tranny? cuz I got one. I was planning to use it in a bobbed deuce project but the deuce has been sold. I figured I'd hang on to it and find something to put it in, but the something to put it in hasn't worked out yet, and I sorta wanna reduce the clutter, so if a SS was looking for one, for the right price I'd be willing to work something out... just a thought, not necessarily a classified- I just want to see this thing in some green iron.

Elwenil

What are you looking to get out of it? Is it a Dodge truck engine? If so, what year? I doubt I can afford it for my Ramcharger, but I know of a few people who are looking for a good 6BT and I can pass it on.

goatowner

Have considered one of those for my '93 Suburban re-power. Is it a mechanical or electrically controlled engine/transmission? What do you mean by good running? Do you know the miles on it.

mhodges

The 6BT is in a running, driving, 1991 Dodge 2500 with a functioning A518 overdrive automatic, 2wd. This would be great for a divorced transfer case project like a M35, M37 or M715, but I am sure you can get the 4wd tail shaft housing from dodge and put an NP205 or NP208 behind it.The truck is an old maintenance truck from the Blackwater Compound in Moyock, NC. and has a verified actual mileage, I believe its 120k, but I can check tonight and get the actual number if you'd like. By the way it runs and looks (the engine, not the body) the mileage seems correct. The truck was used to push old junk cars onto a firing range and the body coincides with maint. use.

My truck runs great, has a transmission that works, and can be driven around, has all of the accessories- and even the a/c works- that would be a neat addition to any MV.

I'd like to get $3000 for the whole truck, as that is what it is worth to me for a M37 project, but am reasonably flexible and am willing to hear any offers as well as help out with moving the truck if necessary. I probably can't replace the running, driving engine/trans setup for 3k.

I have attached a pic of the truck, if there's anything else you'd like pics of or any other information you'd like feel free to ask or give me a call. I had the truck inspected about a month ago- it failed for issues with light housings and bushings/ball joints in the front suspension and a leaking pass side axle shaft seal on the rear axle, but no issues whatsoever with the engine/drivetrain.

Macon Hodges
757-272-5401

Attachments

55Cameo

Wow, engine and trans is a running truck. Sounds like the perfect canadate for a Deuce repower. No missing parts and the questions of what is that supposed to go to?

mhodges

Yeah that's what I got it for, then sold the deuce, and thought about an M37, but they're hard to come by at an affordable price. By the way, this is an ALL mechanical 1st gen 12 valve, and the auto tranny is a redesigned torqueflight 727 with an overdrive, the only electric hookup for the tranny is the OD on/off switch which is a nice little electric switch panel next to the Cummins Information Center on the dash (fuel in water, wait to start, etc. all your dummy lights).

mhodges

oh yeah, don't forget this is set up with power steering, and if one were to get the whole truck, the power steering box could be adapted for a deuce with some ingenuity and a little fab work.

beaubeau

That whole truck looks like it make a good Road truck up here in N.H. It looks better than my 1997 2500 with the 5.9 and 5spd over. Rust gets the best of the vehicles around here. Good luck selling it, I think it is a good deal!!!, Phil

mhodges

beaubeau,

the truck would make a wonderful work truck, the bed is dented and has some surface rust from not having any sort of bedliner but other than that no rust. I have 3 4'x4' sheets of 3/4" steel plate in the back that i've just been too lazy to move which is why she's squatting. this thing is a tank. the state inspector- a personal friend of mine, said that the ball joints are shot, but you wouldn't know it driving it down the road it feels solid as a brick. i have a feeling the 400 lb bumper on the front has something to do with that. lol.

mhodges

funny... thats ok moparguy, within an hour of listing it on craigslist i have a guy interested and "bringing cash tonight"....but i'm not goin to be satisfied until the deal is done... guess we'll see what happens.

mhodges

Indecisive buyers who put a deposit on something without their wife's permission and then drag their feet for 4 weeks and say sorry I can't do it, even after you have helped them out on the price and even offer to deliver it 120 miles for free drive me NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!