• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton air cleaner canister parts

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good afternoon Folks, I recently bought a 5 ton air fender mount air cleaner setup that I want to mount on my M-35, it is the fender mount type that I bought. Last night I took my new 5 ton air filter element and put it in the canister and there is about a 4 inch gap from the top of the element to the cover that snaps on the canister, ther is also NO rear support for the element while its inside the canister. My question is What am I missing, this is obviously NOT going to work the way I am seeing it the way it is? As always any help would be very much appreciated!
Thanks

Karl

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
There is supposed to be a 3 armed thingy that hits the 3 latches in the can and there is a circle that screws in to hold pressure on the filament. I will try to get pics here in a min.

atvcat33

this is brent here, the guy you got the filter from, that filter is for a 5 ton multifuel, which is different than a 8 series 5 ton. as long as you know the filter assy. was from the 5 ton multi it should fit, i do think there is like a plasic finned piece that goes on the outside of the fiter and i do think ther is a gap on the 8 series, its been a while, also when you put the cover on i think its recessed for the filer?? i cant remember though

bp

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the infor so far Gimpyrobb I look very forward to seeing some pics on what I am missing, and Thanks fo letting me know that I am not crazy in my thought process
Talk soon
Karl

CGarbee

Not to hijack Karl's thread...but:
Anyone have a source for the latches on the air filter can for the M809 (Cummins NHC250 powered) series of trucks? I have managed to break the "hooks" off about a dozen of the things and have gotten to the point where a couple of the trucks look like the cand may fall off the filter body as you go down the road from lack of positive retention... :)
I hate to purchase compete "new" ends or, worse yet, entire housings if I can just drill out the rivits and install new clips on my existing housings.
Thanks,

mckeeranger

Not to hijack Karl's thread...but:
Anyone have a source for the latches on the air filter can for the M809 (Cummins NHC250 powered) series of trucks? I have managed to break the "hooks" off about a dozen of the things and have gotten to the point where a couple of the trucks look like the cand may fall off the filter body as you go down the road from lack of positive retention... :)
I hate to purchase compete "new" ends or, worse yet, entire housings if I can just drill out the rivits and install new clips on my existing housings.
Thanks,
Those are called "draw latches"

I don't know if you can buy from these folks, but they might be able to steer you in the right direction:

Over Center Draw Latches | Southco

CGarbee

Those are called "draw latches"

I don't know if you can buy from these folks, but they might be able to steer you in the right direction:

Over Center Draw Latches | Southco

Ahhh, so that is what they are called... :)
If I can't get them from Southco (thanks for the link), I suspect that I can snag them at McMaster or Grainger (got accounts at both) now that I know what I am looking for.

Thanks!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks